Sign in to follow this  
bszuch

Mouse loss when entering VR with a HP G2

I have tried every combination of starting VR prior to MSFS, starting VR at the MSFS Menus, Starting MSFS from the VR desktop,  running full screen, with no luck...

When entering the cockpit (this is both in the 152 and the JF Arrow III so far) mouse disappears.  The win-Y, win D, toggling Alt-Enter, pressing any of the mouse buttons has no effect.

windows 10 up to date, latest Nvidia drivers...  This started with SU5.  I also noticed that once I leave VR back to 2D,  MSFS will not allow me to renter VR. (this is microsoft store version, wmr is current and working with all other software).   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Wont fly without VR and currently can't fly.....

I have had the mouse disappear a few times as well.  Don't know why, but try exiting out of VR. make sure MSFS is the active program my clinking anywhere in the MSFS window. Make sure your mouse is active in MSFS, click a switch or something, like toggling the lights. Then go back into VR. This usually works for me.  Also, if you right click or center click your mouse wheel, (cannot remember which one) the mouse will disappear, usually clinking the button again brings it back. 

Good luck

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Good suggestion, other than once I leave VR within MSFS, for some reason, the sim won't let me re-enter.  I've had some success when clearing out the community folder, and will continue to try to find a repeatable culprit, but I'm not running anything that I wasn't prior to SU5, and never had the issue prior.  Will keep hunting....

21 hours ago, bszuch said:

once I leave VR within MSFS, for some reason, the sim won't let me re-enter. 

This issue apparently happens if you have the latest preview OXR runtime enabled. Switch this off and that should fix it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

another option is pressing the Win Key and Y together to get the mouse back

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg