Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Activating a used FSX

>your passionate assessment when the SP1 is out, since all of>us will have to reinstall everything (as I understand it).The link you provide as source for this advice is in the context of someone having applied file tweaks (hacks) to their FSX installation.For those who still have an un-tweaked installtion, SP1 should apply properly without reinstalling FSX.-Doug

Guest McFly

So then it is a pretty definite maybe? Even tho MS says you can't install on more than one computer at a time, It has been done. So back to my original question. It looks like a person would be OK with a previously purchased FSX. With the caveat: Buyer Beware as always.Terry

Guest wyoming

Are we in a Court room?

Guest X15

Just way up the risk Terry. As far as it goes there are those (like myself) who have installed it twice without issue. If that applies to a third/fourth machine who knows.If you buy a copy off ebay and it has been registered once, you will **maybe** OK - if the seller also lent it to a mate to instal on another computer or also installed it on their laptop then **mabye** you won't!Who knows! If you can get it very cheep it is probably worth the risk, if it is nearly at retail price (get deluxe by BTW) then is it worth hassle?I bought quite a bit of photo scenery for FS9 on ebay, by the time I had been caught up in the bidding and paid for delivery I saved nothing over buying the whole set new - if I had bothered to shop around first I would have realised this.

Well, OK, Yes, if you've made wholesale changes to the locations of files that FSX originally installed, then you will probably need to reinstall the app before applying SP1 (or if you kept track of what you moved, you could just move them back :-> ). Not much we can do about that, our patch installer is designed to look for the files where we expect them to be :->

>Are we in a Court room?What's that supposed to mean?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB