Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

144hz gsync

Hey guys I switched over from 60hz scan line x/2 with rtss to gsync 144hz and 36fps locked in ncp 

I noticed an increase in cpu usage, with long pauses on approach and some slight stutter.

settings have not been changed. is this due to  using 144hz?

i9 9900k 

1080ti

not overclocked.

thanks 

mike

I have same monitor as you, let the Gsync do the magic, do not lock frames, do not vsync, let the frames free, your cpu will have less usage.

Alexander Colka

44 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Hey guys I switched over from 60hz scan line x/2 with rtss to gsync 144hz and 36fps locked in ncp 

I noticed an increase in cpu usage, with long pauses on approach and some slight stutter.

settings have not been changed. is this due to  using 144hz?

i9 9900k 

1080ti

not overclocked.

thanks 

mike

36 FPS is 20% more demanding than 30 FPS which might be making a difference.

Is it a genuine gsync monitor or a freesync one that is gsync compatible?

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

36 FPS is 20% more demanding than 30 FPS which might be making a difference.

Is it a genuine gsync monitor or a freesync one that is gsync compatible?

Freesync gsync compatible 

mike

Your logic makers no since. 

Dont use RTSS. ( you should but later)

In the sim setting you can set V-Sync ON as you dont have a real G-Sync screen.

It says 60 FPS 30 FPS and 20 FPS thats utter rubbish as its only right if your at 60hz, what it should say is 100% refresh rate 1/2 refresh rate and 1/3 refresh rate.

If you can hold hold 48 FPS you can set to 1/3 (20FPS) if you cannot drop your screen as I do to 120Hz then 1/3 (20FPS) =40 FPS if this is still to high drop it to 100Hz then 33FPS

You can then set RTSS to cap out FPS in menus etc I set it to 42 as the V-Sync is on and 1/3 with 120Hz.

Or as a last resolve just use RTSS and set to 30FPS and leave in the sim V-Sync OFF.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Your logic makers no since. 

Dont use RTSS. ( you should but later)

In the sim setting you can set V-Sync ON as you dont have a real G-Sync screen.

It says 60 FPS 30 FPS and 20 FPS thats utter rubbish as its only right if your at 60hz, what it should say is 100% refresh rate 1/2 refresh rate and 1/3 refresh rate.

If you can hold hold 48 FPS you can set to 1/3 (20FPS) if you cannot drop your screen as I do to 120Hz then 1/3 (20FPS) =40 FPS if this is still to high drop it to 100Hz then 33FPS

You can then set RTSS to cap out FPS in menus etc I set it to 42 as the V-Sync is on and 1/3 with 120Hz.

Or as a last resolve just use RTSS and set to 30FPS and leave in the sim V-Sync OFF.

I hope that helps.

So I should set it at 144hz and 30fps locked in ncp?

not 36?

thanks 

mike

6 hours ago, alexcolka said:

I have same monitor as you, let the Gsync do the magic, do not lock frames, do not vsync, let the frames free, your cpu will have less usage.

THANK YOU, working well

mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

So I should set it at 144hz and 30fps locked in ncp?

not 36?

thanks 

mike

No, please read again.I never said anywhere about ncp.

If you don’t understand I will try again.

He thought you had a true G sync it will only work over 44 FPS.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip