Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Thrustmaster and Boeing announce partnership

Looks like they tried to emulate the long throw arc of a control column.  I'm not into yokes,   but it looks like an interesting entry level option.

https://fselite.net/news/thrustmaster-officially-announces-tca-boeing-yoke-pack/

Whilst a few sneak peeks were shown earlier on the show-floor, Thrustmaster has officially announced the TCA Boeing Yoke Pack. The TCA Boeing Yoke Pack

Tim is onstage now presenting. He said this is the “world’s first Boeing yoke and quadrant for flight simulator.” He continued, “this Thrustmaster’s first-ever yoke. That alone is a huge announcement. An ergonomic replica of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner yoke. Replicated that feeling as close as possible – the same feeling a pilot gets when flying the real aircraft.”

The interior of the product is 100% metal. It’s precise, durable and robust. The throttles are swappable and can be expanded over time. For now, the flaps and speed brake are interchangeable. Both will come in the box. It will be functional with Microsoft Flight Simulator on both Xbox Series X and PC when it does release.

The full reveal of the TCA Boeing Yoke Pack will happen on November 9th and Thrustmaster will talk a lot more about it then. If you’re at the show, you can touch and try it right now.

• Like 1

Weren't they going to announce a new joystick combo as well ?

Edited by jymp

I can't get upgrades for my TM Airbus TQ,without being raped by Amazon scammers,and they are releasing a new product......

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Very intersting the lever structure they use, I'm not very convienced as it's much shorter than the real thing, not sure if it'll feel as good as a linear one as most others do... but definitely a headache for mounting....

As for the throttle quadrant..... I know the buses' one are smaller than the real one, but at least it looks OK.... this one however.... 

I use a fulcrum yoke for my sim and fly the real 787 as a day job.

Here’s the irony.. the fulcrum actually feels much nicer and better quality than the real 787 yoke, which feels like it’s made of thin lightweight metal. Which it probably is as weight has been saved wherever possible on that aircraft to please airline accounts, but the result is a cheap feeling yoke when you tap it. 

The 747’s yoke that I flew previously felt a lot more substantial and better ergonomically.

Having said that I’m still very interested in this product and look forward to physically handling it. I am disappointed not to see a toga switching the throttle  though, that would have been nice.

If that heading select switch can be used as a cursor control selector , which I presume it will be , then that’s will be an excellent feature.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I wish the manufacturers would finally stop disregarding how reverse thrust actually works. You either don't have reverse thrust levers at all or it's sort of dumbed down from the real one. Most times there is no detent for idle like on TM's Airbus throttle quadrant which makes it very fiddly to engage reverse idle and if it weren't for FSL's config feature in the FMC it probably wouldn't work at all as I sill often overshoot the idle reverse zone even though I've set it up to be quite large. If you have detents for forward thrust why skip the one for idle reverse? I have a full 1:1 737 quadrant replica as well and even that doesn't have the reverse idle detent. The levers here seem rather limited as well and I guess it's going to be another case of full reverse or no reverse rather than idle (audio wouldn't work on the video for some reason so correct me if something else than that was said).

The rest looks good though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 9/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, threegreen said:

I wish the manufacturers would finally stop disregarding how reverse thrust actually works. You either don't have reverse thrust levers at all or it's sort of dumbed down from the real one. Most times there is no detent for idle like on TM's Airbus throttle quadrant which makes it very fiddly to engage reverse idle and if it weren't for FSL's config feature in the FMC it probably wouldn't work at all as I sill often overshoot the idle reverse zone even though I've set it up to be quite large. If you have detents for forward thrust why skip the one for idle reverse? I have a full 1:1 737 quadrant replica as well and even that doesn't have the reverse idle detent. The levers here seem rather limited as well and I guess it's going to be another case of full reverse or no reverse rather than idle (audio wouldn't work on the video for some reason so correct me if something else than that was said).

The rest looks good though.

☝️ Agreed.

ide probably get the yoke and the flightsim pm levers.

mike

Here's an interesting snippet. On a 737, (my workplace) the Carbon brakes mean that detent 2 reverse or idle reverse produce the same stopping distance with Autobrake 2 or 3. Seeing as these are retardation rates, that makes sense. Carbon brakes wear per application, not force or length of application. A proper head messing concept. Anyway, as a result, reverse just makes noise and wastes fuel. Still need reverse idle though. It's actually a fiddly pain on real aircraft too, at least pre-historic old dinosaurs like the 737....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!