Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Anyone us VoxATC ??????

Guest dwaohio

Anybody use VoxATC. How do you like it and does it really work?Dave

I thought they had a demo that you could try out. Look for it and try it for youself. I am fairly sure that they have a demo.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

They do have 7-day demo nowadays, which allows you to fly in any region of the worlds for an unlimited time - well, for a week. I downloaded it today, because I was curious about the FSX version, but haven't gotten around to check it out.Pat

>They do have 7-day demo nowadays, which allows you to fly in>any region of the worlds for an unlimited time - well, for a>week. I downloaded it today, because I was curious about the>FSX version, but haven't gotten around to check it out.>>PatIt's an amazing program, that motivates me now to put more efforts in FSX (the difference in FSX version is that VoxATC generates its own AI visible traffic). Otherwise I'm quite happy with my huge FS9 installation (imaged and automated to console-type). I can run anything on my Core2 Extreme with 7900GTX in FS9. In FSX my scenery/autogen are on very dense/dense.Anyway, VoxATC X runs seamlessly, it feels totally different and new, making your expereince with FSX really great. ACES (if anyone's around), pls note the developer, way to go. -> Strong Buy. :-)

I have it for both FS9 and FSX and it works great. This is what I would call a "MUST" for all simmers. Instead of interfacing with ATC using a text screen, you actually "talk" to a simulated ATC operator. It takes a little bit of work to "train" the voice recognition package but it is well worth the time. Once trained, the VR part works about 97% of the time with just a few repeats on the user's part.IMHO, this is a perfect interim step between the default ATC interface and something like VATSIM. You get valuable experience "talking" to ATC and it is much more realistic than typing text.The only problem I had was seeing (old eyes) the initializing dialog box during a night flight - it is hard to see. You almost think the software is not working. The dialog box opens (at least on most of my aircraft) on the outside of the cockpit on the black runway. You solve this problem by turning on the panel lights - KISS don't you know.The install is painless and you can select which aircraft you want the panel.cfg addition inserted. The VoxATC enabler file is a gauge in the FS9/Gauges folder.There is an "indexer" that scans all of your scenery for airport information.You will need a good set of headphones. I guess you could use an external mike but it is much more realistic to use headphones.I highly recommend this package.Frank

I have been using the software since it first came out for FS9 and currently the FSX version with very good results. I think it really adds realism to the flight sim experience. Another poster replied that VoxATC is an interim step between the native ATC and an online ATC experience such as VATSIM. I have no interest in flying online so VoxATC is a great alternative. The software uses Microsofts SAPI5 speech recognition and text to speech engine which uses very robotic sounding voices. After I used the original software for a while I purchased more realistic voices from nextup.com which sound much more natural. You might want to check out the VoxATC forum here on the avsim site. Also, look in the avsim review archive for a review that was done on the fs9 version. Try the 1 week demo, it's easy to install. and see what you think. Exercise caution when using VoxATC at airports with mountains nearby as the ATC agent doesn't appear to take terrain into account. For this reason I use the included SID-STAR utility to keep my approaches and departures clear of terrain. Good luck.

Guest byoung

Does VOX ATC support IFR Flight as well? Also, I think you can use the Micorsoft SAPI voices from AT&T. They run about $35 per voice, but they are really clear sounding. They have nationalites and accents I believe.

Yes, VoxATC supports VFR, VFR with flight following (traffic advisories) and IFR and you can program a flight to include SID/STAR assignments. The AT&T voices are a real nice addition and are included in the Deluxe DVD version of the program.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Yes, VoxATC supports VFR, VFR with flight following (traffic>advisories) and IFR and you can program a flight to include>SID/STAR assignments. The AT&T voices are a real nice>addition and are included in the Deluxe DVD version of the>program.zfehr, please explain, is there a difference between VoxATC program itself on the DELUXE DVD (I bougth it from simpilot a few years back) and the US version for FS9 on your site now? Did you refer above to the Deluxe DVD that was released in 2004/05? Is it possible to update the old DELUXE version with the more recent one for the US (I'm not asking about ATC voices, of course)? The main VoxATC menu on DVD, for example, is not transparent, which is not really good (unless you can send it to another PC/monitor via Dowson's WideFS and AdvDisp 2.14). I guess there are some other differences (or not)? I'll buy FSX version in a few days, but still want to have my FS9 DVD updated to the most recent one. Thanks.

Yes it works fine.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest phantom_leader1

>Yes it works fine.Well, I was going to get on here and ask for an honest opinion from actual users of Vox ATC, but I think I've read enough now to go ahead and download the trial version, or maybe even just go ahead and buy the Deluxe Version and get it over with. I kept hearing "good & bad" in regards to the program and have been very hesitant to buy it.Thanks for all the info guys!:-)

I bought VOX-ATC for FSX as a trainer before I went live on VATSIM. It works beautifull, I also can recommanded the AT&T voices.There are a few small issues but I can live with that.From me it gets a GOLD rating... also good support too.Happy landings...

. . .gotta have them AT&T voices, but other than that - it's a super addon. It teaches correct atc. Love it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest planter_ndb

All in all a great package. Guess I need to train more, because in certain phases of flight I have to repeat almost every sentence. Odd thing is I just have to repeat once, so the rate of recognition for the second try is 100 %.What I would love to see would be the implementation of a virtual copilot, similar to the one in the "Radar-Contact" ATC-package, to whom one could handover the communications and/or the plane on demand.For example when using an aircraft requiring a high workload in certain phases of flight, e.g. Coolsky Super80 while being vectored to final, it sometimes just gets too much to respond to ATC-commands every few seconds, dial-in new frequencies, fly the plane, dig through checklists, adjust knobs,...Just like in the real cockpit where the workload is split to Pilot and Co. One is PF flying the plane and the other is PNF handling VOXATC-communications.That'd be awesome...:-)As said at the beginning-great package, well worth to download an try.Ralf

Guest supercoup

Buy it. its a great program. it works flawlessly