Sign in to follow this  
Knoblet

AI Models Reverse Thrust Sounds

I use a mixture of AIsounds and 3DSounds for my AI models which work very well except for reverse thrust on touchdown. Just before the aircraft touches down the engine sound cuts and then reverts to a taxy sound. This happens when PSXT is controlling the aircraft.

If I use a traffic bgl with the same aircraft models and not PSXT all aircraft sounds and especially reverse thrust are perfect.

Is this because of the way PSXT interacts and controls the aircraft model at touchdown?

Not supremely important but would be nice when spotting and collecting data for a particular airport.

Norm

Edited by Knoblet

Yes this is because PSXT controls the throttles (THROTTLE_CUT, THROTTLE_30, THROTTLE_50, THROTTLE_70, THROTTLE_FULL) , of the ai aircraft only, and thus indirect the sound.

It cannot set the throttles in reverse, via SimConnect.

However, in a lot of AI aircraft controlled by PSXT you can see from the outside that the thrust reversers get deployed (that is something internally in the ai model, I have no control over it) , but it does not come with a sound...

Edited by kiek

Ok Nico understood and thanks for your response. And yes you are right a great majority of the models deploy the reversers and speed brakes also.

Norm