Sign in to follow this  
shermank

FLIGHTSM EXPO

I am just trying to picture this. Imagine P3D where it’s not streaming scenery per se like MSFS but rather has a brand new art asset/texture set. In other words, same as you currently have but with new info textures, new buildings, new trees. I reckon that would already be an incredible improvement on default looks - as long as they do that, we will still be able to use Orbx regions etc but everything will just look better. I am already fairly happy with 5.2 looks but better autogen is really what it calls for. I don’t want photogrammetry, I already have MSFS for that and there is no beating them at the photogrammetry thing.

2 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I am just trying to picture this. Imagine P3D where it’s not streaming scenery per se like MSFS but rather has a brand new art asset/texture set. In other words, same as you currently have but with new info textures, new buildings, new trees. I reckon that would already be an incredible improvement on default looks - as long as they do that, we will still be able to use Orbx regions etc but everything will just look better. I am already fairly happy with 5.2 looks but better autogen is really what it calls for. I don’t want photogrammetry, I already have MSFS for that and there is no beating them at the photogrammetry thing.

it's a good point.  An autogen upgrade would be welcome.  As well as night lighting updates.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Imagine P3D where it’s not streaming scenery per se like MSFS but rather has a brand new art asset/texture set. In other words, same as you currently have but with new info textures, new buildings, new trees.

You can already do that with Orbx (and others).

e.g. new buildings, trees and textures, but yeah I think if everything could line up with the maps OpenMaps instead of textures, then roads overlayed it would be nice. What is really needed is a global update coming from LM, otherwise there's little bits and pieces from lots of developers because that highlevel "base" is not something LM has done.

Even the defunct "Flight Sim World" included Orbx Global Base, A2A's Accu-Feel, ambient occusion, True Sky and various other items because they were the best available and it's way simpler to leverage existing products already made for the sim than develop them all over again from scratch.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

You can already do that with Orbx (and others).

True and I add that I truly hope and somewhat believe that the LM team is too smart not to understand that pimping out P3D with the recipes of yesteryear  (LC regions, new autogen, etc.) is not exactly the way to go. We have reached a point where P3d needs more than a little rouge on the cheeks in the scenery department.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

True and I add that I truly hope and somewhat believe that the LM team is too smart not to understand that pimping out P3D with the recipes of yesteryear  (LC regions, new autogen, etc.) is not exactly the way to go. We have reached a point where P3d needs more than a little rouge on the cheeks in the scenery department.

I think they understand this perfectly. They have the data, tools and cash to make a good scenery improvement, the biggest factor is likely to be the view on ROI...  from what I know of LM training systems already deployed, they are capable of using significantly better external scenery only available through the professional plus version features.  We'll see what happens as time goes on!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png