Sign in to follow this  
skip d

rcbgp-50

Hi guys..

I'm trying to install the above GPWS gauge in P3Dv5.2. I've already installed the "dsd_p3d_xml_x64.dll" file into my gauges folder

along with the "RCB GPWS5" folder....and added the proper gauge files to the "vc01 cockpit" in the panel.cfg.

Not getting callouts whatsoever. I know I'm doing something wrong,but have been trying for weeks to figure it out...no luck.

If anybody has it 'up and running'  could you please inform me how you got it working.

OR...maybe anothe set of altitude 'Callouts' that will work for any aircraft ??

Thanks for any help

Skip d

You don't need the dsd*.dll gauge any more.

Just put the RCB GPWS5 folder in the gauges folder.

Add the following lines to the end of the Vcockpit01 section in the panel.cfg:

gauge**=RCB_GPWS5!GPWS_Default,0,0,0,0
gauge**=RCB_GPWS5/XMLSound64!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Gauges/RCB_GPWS5/XMLSound_Default.ini       // Use this one for P3Dv4     

replace ** with the next number in the sequence. 

There's a Readme in the GPWS5 folder that explains everything in detail.

Dave      

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Thanks for the qwik reply Dave...

Do you have it working in P3Dv5.2

That's where I'm trying to get it to work....if I can.

Skip d

9 hours ago, skip d said:

Yes, it works in v5.2.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

17 hours ago, skip d said:

Thanks for the qwik reply Dave...

That's where I'm trying to get it to work....if I can.

Skip d

As confirmed by other people, it should work in P3Dv5.2 when installed properly (as described in my README).

TIP:
Make sure that the foldername is correct "RCB_GPWS5"  (note the Underscore character); both in subfolder and panel.cfg definition.
And don't move the  *.dll to your main Gauges folder. Just leave it in the  .../Gauges/RCB_GPWS5/ subfolder.

Rob

Hiya Dave....

Your info was helpful and I appreciate it !!!

I still can't get it to work though.....but I just got a reply from "The Master"...Rob....

So I'm going to go with his advice...

ROB....Skip d here from Fredericksburg ,Va.....Thanks for taking your time to help me with this issue...

I'm hoping this is just a minor flaw with my basic skills at computering.....BUT... I have both 'RCBH-60 and RCVS-40" working

perfectly.....with fantastic sound.!!!   They have really made my Sim much more enjoyable...and I thank you very much for designing

them....so I'm baffled by not getting the "callouts" from RCBGP 50...or ANY of the .wav sounds contained !!!

What do you suggest...

Thanks for your time

Skip d

Skip, just send me an Email (see my READMEs for address) and attach the panel.cfg you have modified.
I'll have a look then.

And, if you can, a screenshot in WindowsExplorer so I can check correct install location and pathname.

Since you have my other addons running in P3Dv5.2, I'm pretty sure it's a trivial typo somewhere.
You wouldn't be the first (and the last); including me ....LoL

Rob

3 hours ago, skip d said:

Hi Rob....

Will get an E-mail off to you today....

THANKS

Got it.
See my reply ......

OK, 'problem' solved.

NOTE:
As specified in the README,  the altitude callouts (2500, 1000, .... down to 10) are ONLY given when the aircraft is in a landing configuration.
My gauge uses a simpel, generic criterium for that: landing gear down AND flaps extended to > 30% (value can be changed in the gauge).

Cheers, Rob

Edited by rcbarend