Sign in to follow this  
etoni43

MSFS Reinstall

I recently uninstalled fs20 after an update not installing however I'm now experiencing even worse issues. When downloading the fs patch files it will get to 100% and then proceed to either reset to 0% or then go through decompressing and then reset to 0%. Not sure what this means but any help would be much appreciated.

That's weird, MS Store version I assume?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

That's weird, MS Store version I assume?

Yea I got it through the MS store on release and I've reinstalled it a few times since then. It just seems that after the last update it's impossible to reinstall.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:44 AM, etoni43 said:

Yea I got it through the MS store on release and I've reinstalled it a few times since then. It just seems that after the last update it's impossible to reinstall.

Bother! See my other thread on moving MSFS2020 - is this a known problem post SU5?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Possibly remnants of the previous install still on your PC.  I'm not entirely sure how to get rid of them all, other than a clean windows install - perhaps someone else can help with this.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On 9/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, etoni43 said:

I recently uninstalled fs20 after an update not installing however I'm now experiencing even worse issues. When downloading the fs patch files it will get to 100% and then proceed to either reset to 0% or then go through decompressing and then reset to 0%. Not sure what this means but any help would be much appreciated.

Search the threads here in the AVSIM forum about people with similar issues to you, who have located and deleted the last file(s) being downloaded, and then ran the update again.  I have not done this myself as the update has always worked for me.  But I have read threads here in Avsim where people were stuck with an update loop that were able to get out of the never ending loop by locating and deleting the last downloaded file(s).  I can't remember if they deleted just the current file being downloaded, or if they deleted both the current downloaded file and the last file downloaded before that as well.

In any case, search here in the Avsim forum for the exact steps that people took to resolve the update loop issue (as I said, this update loop never happened to me but I read posts in here in Avsim where people got past the loop, so you should search for the post where people explain exactly how they resolved the loop).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

Possibly remnants of the previous install still on your PC.  I'm not entirely sure how to get rid of them all, other than a clean windows install - perhaps someone else can help with this.

Like changing the transmission in your car because the wipers are worn out. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The only thing that sticks out when looking through the files and processes is what seems to be an issue with the package installer. On some complete wipes this reinstalls but on some it does not. This could be why so man people have had issues with the updates.