Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Trackir keys want bind to Warthog Stick/throttle buttons

I currently have my Trackir controls (on/off & center) bound to keyboard buttons. I would very much like to bind these controls to my Warthog Throttle or Stick buttons in MSFS. Is this possible and if so how can this be accomplished?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

2 hours ago, yellowjack said:

I currently have my Trackir controls (on/off & center) bound to keyboard buttons. I would very much like to bind these controls to my Warthog Throttle or Stick buttons in MSFS. Is this possible and if so how can this be accomplished?

If you use FSUIPC7 you can do it by assigning keys to the TrackIR functions as usual, then use the FSUIPC7 capability to send a key stroke in response to a button push.

Al

Thanks I have FSUIPC7 but I have no idea how to use FSUIPC7 to send a keystroke to a button push. I thought I had seen that before on these forums but where it is now I have no idea. is there any FSUIPC manual that would explain how to do this?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

28 minutes ago, yellowjack said:

Thanks I have FSUIPC7 but I have no idea how to use FSUIPC7 to send a keystroke to a button push. I thought I had seen that before on these forums but where it is now I have no idea. is there any FSUIPC manual that would explain how to do this?

You go to the FSUIPC Button and Switches Tab under Assignments:

spacer.png

Then when that window opens, push the button you want to set up, check the Select for key press box, click on Set and then press the key you want the button to send, and finally click OK at the bottom of the window. Below you see button #4 on my Yoke set up to send the M keystroke.

spacer.png

Al

Thanks I'll give that a go. I just wish that MS had left an option to use  the Thrustmaster software to do the controls job. I can play that instrument like a virtuoso.

John

1 hour ago, yellowjack said:

I just wish that MS had left an option to use  the Thrustmaster software to do the controls job. I can play that instrument like a virtuoso.

But a virtuoso at the very beginning of his career then? If you can play the instrument, there is almost nothing easier then binding the TrackIR keys to your Thrustmaster Warthog (JK).

Simple example:

Macro's (in my setup):
define     TrackIR_Center                L_SHIFT+USB[0x45]               // "LShift - F12" 
define     TrackIR_On_Off               L_SHIFT+USB[0x44]               // "LShift - F11"

Script: (in this case for the S1 button)
MapKeyIO(&Joystick, S1, PULSE+TrackIR_On_Off, PULSE+TrackIR_Center);

Tip: In my macro's i use the USB numbers of a key to define a key, works better then writing the key directly because with a different keyboard then Qwerty, some keys can struggle a bit.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

7 hours ago, yellowjack said:

Using FSUIPC to send keystrokes seems like a long way round! The most obvious way to do this is in the TrackIR control panel's Profile page, where there is an area to set the hotkeys. I don't have the Warthog, but the only problem I can envisage is if it has more than 32 buttons and the TrackIR driver uses the legacy Direct Input API, in which case it wouldn't see some of them.

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

I don't have the Warthog, but the only problem I can envisage is if it has more than 32 buttons and the TrackIR driver uses the legacy Direct Input API, in which case it wouldn't see some of them.

Not really, if you don't use a script (through Target script or Target GUI) both stick and throttle are recognized as separate devices with 32 DX buttons each.
The moment you use a script, both throttle and stick are seen as a one device giving a total of 32 DX buttons for the entire combined device.
The advantage of DX buttons is that they can be used simultaniously.
Workaround is to work with macro's which allows a lot more then 32 but then you can only use button at a time (but together with the programmed modifiers) because you can only send out one keystroke (or the equivalent) at a time.

But there is a 120 DX workaround tmh which allows the use of 120 DX buttons at the same time on a combined device. It replaces the original target.tmh file.

Download: 120 DX buttons

Also, there is no need to use up a DX button for TrackIR control, a simple PULSE command (one press only) will do the job.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I use joytokey $7 works for all controllers (I think) and there is a demo before purchase.

Currently using to link Opentrack to Honeycomb yoke

Mick

Hello, 
I have Hotas Warthog and use a button on the stick to pause TrackIR. While MSFS is running with Track IR, i simply set a button of my stick in the Pause feature within the Track IR program , like you do it with the keyboard. That is all. It doesn't work for you ?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

4 hours ago, Livingston said:

Hello, 
I have Hotas Warthog and use a button on the stick to pause TrackIR. While MSFS is running with Track IR, i simply set a button of my stick in the Pause feature within the Track IR program , like you do it with the keyboard. That is all. It doesn't work for you ?

Ah, that works, and in fact when you click in the little TrackIR Key window where it says Pause or Center etc., when setting up a "key stroke", the window that pops up says "Enter desired Hotkey or Button for:"

Somehow I just never noticed that.

Thanks for the info,

Al

Edited by ark