Sign in to follow this  
rlw9sr

New Installation/Prepar3D vt

Have a black screen as the sim boots up.  I've checked the power source--OK.  The rxp*dll.log file states the trainer is NOT found nor supported.  I've installed the package which includes the Garmin trainer--I'd appreciate any help--Thanks

P.S. I assume this is the source of the problem

See if this offers any clue to your issue.  Also did you install both the RXP GTN and the Garmin Trainer to the default locations for both?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/607837-blank-screen/?tab=comments#comment-4634296

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I added the exclusions, no joy on power.  I still have the same msg in the log file--do I need to specify an env. variable?  Thanks for you help--

1 hour ago, rlw9sr said:

I added the exclusions, no joy on power.  I still have the same msg in the log file--do I need to specify an env. variable?  Thanks for you help--

Hey. Understand I am another user like you. I have seen issues similar to yours quite a number of times. You did not respond to my question.  Did you install to the default locations for both?  Did you check your AV to see if a file was quarantined? 

Honestly you should provide much more information.  Which simulator?  FSX/FSX SE or P3D?  If P3D which version? 

Also, what is your history with RXP?  Is this a new install or a reinstall. If a reinstall why have you needed to reinstall?  Brand new system?  Install following a fresh simulator install or sim update? 

Have you in the past successfully run this RXP GTN?  Are you attempting to do a fresh install from an RXP update installer?  That is a very key question.   In some cases (new system, system upgrade, new sim version, etc,) if you need to reinstall you may need to do so with a new ecommerce installed downloaded fresh from the RXP website.  In a case like that you will not need to repurchase, only need is to verify your license/registration.

Help us help you.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 hours ago, rlw9sr said:

The rxp*dll.log file states the trainer is NOT found nor supported.

Can you actually post the content of the RXP log files?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I appreciate your comments regarding the missing/incomplete information:  I installed the software to the default locations.  The files were NOT quarantined.  The sim is Prepar3D v5.1.  This is a new installation to a 1 year old machine (the software has not been installed before on this machine). The rxpGTNgau.log file is

21/09/28 01:00:08.547 10064 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.28.5
21/09/28 01:00:08.547 10064 INFO ]

The rxpGTNxpl.log file--

20/10/31 17:43:45.187 19312 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.8.0

The rxpGTN_menu.dll.log file--

21/09/28 01:00:05.456 08452 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.28.3
21/09/28 01:00:05.459 08452 INFO ] edit panel: R:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-35A\panel\panel.cfg

Finally the rxpGtnSIM.dll.log--

21/09/28 01:00:10.409 10064 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/09/28 01:00:10.408 10064 INFO ]
21/09/28 01:00:13.817 10064 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported

Thanks--

1 hour ago, rlw9sr said:

1/09/28 01:00:13.817 10064 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported

The log is telling it can't find the trainer at all.

Can you confirm these are showing in Settings | Apps ?

spacer.pngspacer.png

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

After a uninstall and reinstall the APPS are

Garmin Aviation Services (132 MB)

Garmin GTN Trainer (327 MB)

AND there is now power to the GTN 750.  However if I attempt to undock the GTN and move it to another window, P3D crashes--

7 minutes ago, rlw9sr said:

Garmin GTN Trainer (327 MB)

What version does it show when expanded like in my screenshot?

8 minutes ago, rlw9sr said:

After a uninstall and reinstall the APPS are

If these are the only 2, you're missing the databases.

You have to select the "Database" option during install. A copy of the Garmin launcher installer should be found here:

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer

The General Aviation Trainers is v3.1.4.0; the Garmin GTN Trainer, v.6.62.4.0.  The c:\...\GTNTrainer directory contains 3 files, checklist.zip, flightplans.zip, and GarminTrainerSetup_3140.zip.  Thanks--

Followup--The Trainer executable states that the Trainer is already installed.  Is there something else I can check?  Thanks

When you launch the Garmin trainer launcher, and select "Version Manager" tab, this should show something like this:

• Installed Version should show 3.1.4 on your system
  • And there should be a GTN (v6.62) line with a greyed out Uninstall button

Can you confirm ?

spacer.png

Yes, the version is 3.14. The Installed Versions are:

GTN (v6.72) (with an uninstall option)

GTN (v6.62)

GTN Xi (v20.20.8.0) (with an uninstall option)

TXi (v3.30.7.0) (with an uninstall option)

I guess it is showing the full 6.62.4.0 version number to the right as well?

I'd like to get to the bottom of this with you because it is either a bug in our product or in the trainer installer. I'd suggest you review the following discussion in details, cross check the registry values which are documented there, and let me know here what are your findings on your system.

I know it is involving and I'm sorry for this, but please I'd really like you to read the 3 pages of the topic prior posting back your findings. I thank you for your patience with this, and with your help, we'll find a solution:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/598737-xp11-gtn750-trainer-not-found-or-supported/