Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

X-Plane 12 announcement keynote

This is turning into an american style tv soap opera. @##**)))%%.Worse than watercooler gossip.TURN TO A NEW PAGE!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Paul Deluca said:

This is turning into an american style tv soap opera. @##**)))%%.Worse than watercooler gossip.TURN TO A NEW PAGE!!!!!!

I've said it before.  Some people just can't help themselves.  Thankfully, it's only a few.

• Upvote 3

Just now, rka said:

"we don't need realistic graphics in something that aims to simulate reality"

Austin I believe is doing this for our sake not for his Flight simulator customers who use it to teach people how to fly planes, because to them its how the plane flies that is important, it is after ll a "flight simulator".

Just now, Paul Deluca said:

Was always that way, nothings changed.

3 hours ago, mjrhealth said:
4 hours ago, rka said:

"we don't need realistic graphics in something that aims to simulate reality"

Austin I believe is doing this for our sake not for his

I'm absolutely certain that you believe this, well - I don't and I see quite a few indicators he isn't doing it for mine!

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

WOW!!!!

Keep digging.

Are you doing modelling/graphics or programming? I'm asking because logic doesn't seem to be your strongest point.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I'm genuinely in complete confusion what half of you are even talking about now.

The last few pages have been like my head on a sunday morning after a Friday night out with the Polish.

Can you all just drink some more coffee and stop making it personal please.

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

28 minutes ago, rka said:

Are you doing modelling/graphics or programming? I'm asking because logic doesn't seem to be your strongest point.

Keep on digging. 
Are you done yet?  Or do you want to keep complaining?

Edited by GoranM

16 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Keep on digging. 
Are you done yet?  Or do you want to keep complaining?

Oh no, I guess your job is probably customer relations, right? 😉

I really think you need to go out a little and enjoy the sunshine.  You seem to enjoy debating and taking digs at people and what they do, and that tells me you lack some very important social skills.  Go out with friends.  Mingle with people.  Leave the PC for at least a day.  You might be surprised at what you discover.

Have a nice day!

😉 

8 hours ago, GoranM said:

I honestly forgot he has a net worth of almost $100 million.

Wait.......what?

Meyer ain't worth anywhere near $100 million USD. While I'm not his accountant, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

https://networthpost.org/net-worth/austin-meyer-net-worth/

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

8 hours ago, GCBraun said:

but the fact that the it is just not stable enough like MSFS or P3D (again, in my experience).

When starting a flight on XP11 there is, at least, a 25% chance that I will not make it to the end. That leads to me having fear before starting a long planned flight, whereas I don't have this with the other sims.

I'm just curious: You hardware your using would say otherwise aside from the plugins being part of the issue, do have separate nvidia settings for X-plane and MSFS/PD3?  Or are you nvidia setting identical across the board for all simulators and if they are that could be part of your issue as well. 

13 minutes ago, OlliePen said:

Wait.......what?

Meyer ain't worth anywhere near $100 million USD. While I'm not his accountant, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

https://networthpost.org/net-worth/austin-meyer-net-worth/

Lol. Must be true. 
You do know he donated $5 million to an animal shelter so they could stay in business, right?  Spent over half a million dollars fighting a patent troll lawsuit. Not to mention he owns a Lancair Evolution. 2 Tesla cars. I think he still owns a Ferrari as well. 
You don’t really believe that site, do you?  (With text, it’s hard to read context). 
I even know some X-plane developers who have made more than $1 million from 1 product in less than a year. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

I'm just curious: You hardware your using would say otherwise aside from the plugins being part of the issue, do have separate nvidia settings for X-plane and MSFS/PD3?  Or are you nvidia setting identical across the board for all simulators and if they are that could be part of your issue as well. 

NVidia settings are the same. 

I´ve had some Vulkan related crashes in the last month, but those are easy to identify and not my biggest concern. Besides, P3D also suffers from DXGI hung issues. MSFS seems to be the most stable of the three in that regard (until they change the api to DX12, of course).

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

You do know he donated $5 million to an animal shelter so they could stay in business, right?

My estimation of Mr. Meyer has risen a notch.
Although that NW site is almost certainly inaccurate, if I had to bet 50 shekels, I'd put his number at closer to $20m.

Money doesn't mean squat, though, if you spend 4 years on a new evolution (see what I did there? 😉 ) of your beloved flight simulation and don't get very far.

XP-12 looks like not much more to me than a moderately updated XP-11 with the same tired graphics.

I thought he was going to hire a platoon of Eastern European artists? At least that's what I heard him say in this cringeworthy interview where he derided MS hiring a French company (Asobo) to be the developer for MSFS?

It starts going badly off the rails at the 26:00 mark.

I'm all for competition, as it makes our wonderful hobby better all around, but LR should have been able to do a bit better in 4 years. Yes, I know LR is 1/10th the size of Asobo.

• Like 1

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2