Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Join Aircraft Greyed out

For the life of me I can't seem to join another aircraft (shared aircraft in multiplayer). It's always greyed out, even if I host and allow aircraft sharing.I consulted the "learning center" but still no avail.....Any ideas?

Shared cockpit in FSX is some seriously dark voodoo. I've found that adding certain older complex FS9 aircraft to your fsx install, namely ones with large complex .gau style gauges can completely hose shared cockpit functionality in all other aircraft. It's something to do with the gauge licensing system in FSX. I recommend backing up your fsx.cfg file, and then deleting it, letting FSX generate a new one from scratch the next time you start it. Then try shared cockpit in one of the default aircraft, chances are it'll work again. It's fixed this problem for myself and a few others. If it does work, then fly any addon aircraft you have installed, 1 by 1, authorizing their gauges, and test shared cockpit with default aircraft again after each one, see if any of them breaks it again.Also remember shared cockpit doesn't work with any GAU gauge based aircraft properly. The gauges need to be coded entirely in XML, which you see as .CAB files in the gauges folder. If the panel config of an aircraft references any old FS9 DLL (.gau) gauges, shared cockpit will be erratic or completely broken. Fun! :)Hope that helps.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Yeah I finally got it figured out THANKS for the input!(for players to join the host's aircraft they cannot select "share aircraft" themselves).It is cool to fly with another person though. We did a couple short flights in the default 737-800 (man I'm spoiled by the even older but way better PMDG). It's great having a F/O doing the stuff for you.