Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

About A2A and MFS

As we are simmers in good standingūüėȬ†this¬†is a recurring question on this forum,¬† here is a headup on a series of posts that the A2A's owner posted a few days ago.. I let¬†you make your own mind, I personally am not sure¬†that I understand what the message he wants to pass on to us is. I find¬† these posts¬†rather convoluted like he had not yet made his mind.

A2A is MIA - The A2A Simulations Community

What I do understand is that they have not yet succeeded in transporting Accusim to MFS, and he gives no indication on how soon they will release for MFS, that they are chiefly working for the military market, and that they develop an air combat simulator.

My own conclusion is sadly not hold my breath for a A2A bird anytime soon. YMMV.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Guest 6297J

I sometimes wonder if my memory of A2A in FSX is a little like looking though those famous rose tinted glasses and if I was suddenly presented with the same now would I still be as overawed as I was then. Personally I'm not sure. They were years ahead of their time then but I think they would have to go some to make as much of an impact now. 

Seems like there should be more clarity in a few weeks, "We have four extremely interesting brand new airplanes in development, all of which we are 80-90% will end up on the MSFS 2020 platform. However until we have one final technical hurdle fixed, I can't make an announcement because if it turns out to not happen (the 10-20% possibility) we will have to take a different path other than MSFS 2020. We DO expect to know 100% within weeks now, not months."

Overall sounds like it could go either way and they're keeping their options open but seems more likely we'll end up getting some A2A planes in MFS at some point. Plenty of other stuff to fly in the meantime as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, 6297J said:

I sometimes wonder if my memory of A2A in FSX is a little like looking though those famous rose tinted glasses and if I was suddenly presented with the same now would I still be as overawed as I was then. Personally I'm not sure. They were years ahead of their time then but I think they would have to go some to make as much of an impact now. 

It depends on the aircraft. True for their older products which show their age for some. But the T-6 Texan or the Comanche for P3D were excellent. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Guest 6297J
1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

It depends on the aircraft. True for their older products which show their age for some. But the T-6 Texan or the Comanche for P3D were excellent. 

Sure, I only had the Cub, the Spitfire and the P40 I think. Oh and the P-51. I don't know much about their later work. 

So basically sounds like there is a major techincal hurdle to getting Accusim working in MSFS and there's a (10-20%) chance it can not be resolved - they hope to know if that's the case in a matter of weeks.

6 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Sure, I only had the Cub, the Spitfire and the P40 I think. Oh and the P-51. I don't know much about their later work. 

I agree for the Strat', the P-40 and¬†for the Cub (I find MFS XCub better).¬†The P-51 that I flew a lot, never lost her seduction for me¬†ūüėÉ.¬† ¬†'¬†

15 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Overall sounds like it could go either way and they're keeping their options open but seems more likely we'll end up getting some A2A planes in MFS at some point. Plenty of other stuff to fly in the meantime as far as I'm concerned.

If you read all his posts and not only this one, it sounds that indeed they keep all the options open and that the primary goal is now the pro market.

Dominique

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

If you read all his posts and not only this one, it sounds that indeed they keep all the options open and that the primary goal is now the pro market.

I read them all. They're a business and so long as they can clear this technical hurdle they'll be developing for MFS - they'd be mad not to. I'd be surprised if they couldn't surmount this final hurdle but I guess we'll see.

I think Scott has made some very "straight down the middle" posts in that A2A thread.  Agree there is hope that in a month we'll have some clarity on what their timeline in MSFS could be like, and I'll be waiting with fingers crossed Accumsim and everything else comes together.  There's actually more factual information in there than we get from most developers pre-release.

Sounds like some new birds under development too - their P3D stuff was so good can see pros and cons if those aircraft were first to come into MSFS.

• Upvote 1

I still find that the a2a spit is second to none even if visually it is getting a bit old. Nobody else has been able to get spins and snap rolls working. Now granted I have never flown a spitfire but I do fly and I want to be able to master a spitfire in the sim. If a spitfire in sim does not spin or snap roll then it makes me question what other things are wrong with it.

With a2a it performs at the edges of departure like a real one and therefore you know they have put the effort into researching and modelling those things which gives you confidence it the rest of its behaviors.

The aerodynamics are just a small part of it. There are more straight forward things like switch behaviour and engine behaviour that are just not good enough too. I have to go back to prepar3d to get a good spitfire and that sim is not satisfying me enough in other ways.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Owner, Fulcrum Simulator Controls.

fulcrumsim.com       facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols       instagram.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols       twitter.com/Fulcrum_SC

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

So basically sounds like there is a major techincal hurdle to getting Accusim working in MSFS and there's a (10-20%) chance it can not be resolved - they hope to know if that's the case in a matter of weeks.

It sounds to me like a problem developers of other previously existing simulator addons are having.  Cooperation from Asobo.  SDK material.  Appears it is like passing through the eye of a needle. And Asobo is the gatekeeper.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Maybe they're waiting to see what benefits the Sim updates VI and VII bring.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

36 minutes ago, fppilot said:

. And Asobo is the gatekeeper.

Probably MS and XBOX.

Hmmm,

might they be involved in something like DCS World ?  That would be great !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: ACTIVE SKY, FSHUD, PMDG(MSFS), A2A(MSFS), FBW A32N, FENIX A320, TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2

There will be others if they don't come. Same logic applied for FSLabs.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48" + 2x 15.6" Touch-screen Panels

Thrustmaster Boeing TCA Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus