Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

About A2A and MFS

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

So basically sounds like there is a major techincal hurdle to getting Accusim working in MSFS

Well that's weird, Fenix sim is going with an external program managing their A320, I am not sure why it would be impossible doing the same for accusim?

14 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Hmmm,

might they be involved in something like DCS World ?  That would be great !

Actually they had a project of a air combat sim in 2006 focused on the Flying Tigers. Never saw the light of the day, maybe they will revive it ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 minutes ago, bendead said:

Well that's weird, Fenix sim is going with an external program managing their A320, I am not sure why it would be impossible doing the same for accusim?

The only people in a position to answer that are A2A themselves and for the moment they seem to be pretty tight lipped on the specifics.

As I say I leave you with your open interpretation of the somewhat sibylline posts (at least for me)  😄.

Now, there is a little mystery in all that. A couple of years ago, Gentile spoke of working on a turboprop simulation for the Texan 2 and on a jet simulation for the T38a. They seem back to a piston SEP for MFS.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

50 minutes ago, bendead said:

I think it's just a matter of resources and priority. They're likely doing what brings in the cash at this point, and that is creating products for the military. Those contracts can get really large. 

If they really focused on bringing Accu-Sim to MSFS, I think they could do it. And they seem to believe they can too (80-90% chance). They say they'll know within weeks. 

In my opinion I strongly believe MSFS is the future, not P3D or X-Plane 11/12. If they can bring high quality products to this more mainstream simulator, they will have a cash cow.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

14 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

If they can bring high quality products to this more mainstream simulator, they will have a cash cow.

Absolutely. A decade ago when I was flying on FSX, I could not find the same level of enjoyment when using accusim-less GA planes or oldies.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Actually they had a project of a air combat sim in 2006 focused on the Flying Tigers. Never saw the light of the day, maybe they will revive it ?

Well, they actually had / still have :

https://a2asimulations.com/product/battle-of-britain-ii-wings-of-victory/

which was actually the first contact I had with A2A 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

We will know soon, apparently. Within weeks. But the chances are good (80-90%).

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

If you follow the USAF or USN training programs, you will absolutely know why A2A is busy. Their products are all over the new programs.

Edited by hs118
  • Like 1

I do hope they get what they need from Asobo. Their Spitfire was magnificent in P3D. Performance modelling was accurate to what the pilots' notes said about its performance right down to height lost in a loop and how to induce a flick roll. Even the time to altitude (20,000ft) was bang on. I really hope their flight dynamics team got a fat bonus for every successful aircraft project they delivered.

A2A's aircraft life modelling was utterly immersive. I cared about my airframe much more over a series of flights and the performance degradation if you abused it was such a game-extending feature I'm surprised nobody else copied or licensed it.

Here's hoping they come to MSFS2020.

• Like 3

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, bendead said:

Absolutely. A decade ago when I was flying on FSX, I could not find the same level of enjoyment when using accusim-less GA planes or oldies.

A2A does good aircraft (or I am a masochist because I've bought about 10 of them). But they were not alone in the GA domain. There were quite a few good aircraft, from the late Realair, the late Sibwings, the late Lotus Simulations. Unfortunately lot of "late" !    Milviz is the only survivor, I guess. They were not accusimed but had good systems and gave a good feeling of flight.

• Like 1

Dominique

Scott needs to come here for an intervention! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I really hope that A2A will make it into the simulator!
I've been a private pilot for many years and have been a simulator pilot for twice as long. Sim was always fun, but real planes always had a different feeling and behavior for me.
This is still the case with msfs2020. The Justflight Arrow is great, but it hardly reacts like a real one ...
When I flew the A2A 172 for the first time in Prepar3d, everything was different for me! Suddenly an airplane in the SIM reacted like a real one. Load behavior, the reactions to the throttle
 and the flaps. It's hard to describe. Of course, small GA planes also have to be flown according to the numbers, but often it just takes a little feeling. And A2A was able to convey exactly this feeling.
I haven't seen anything similar with any other producers later (although I certainly haven't flown too many different planes) and limit my personal experience as a pilot only to GA planes.
So I keep my fingers crossed!
Edited by Bumelbee
format
  • Like 2

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

There will be others if they don't come. Same logic applied for FSLabs.

I think so too, Fenix Simulations is a good example of that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, Bumelbee said:

I really hope that A2A will make it into the simulator!
I've been a private pilot for many years and have been a simulator pilot for twice as long. Sim was always fun, but real planes always had a different feeling and behavior for me.
This is still the case with msfs2020. The Justflight Arrow is great, but it hardly reacts like a real one ...
When I flew the A2A 172 for the first time in Prepar3d, everything was different for me! Suddenly an airplane in the SIM reacted like a real one. Load behavior, the reactions to the throttle
 and the flaps. It's hard to describe. Of course, small GA planes also have to be flown according to the numbers, but often it just takes a little feeling. And A2A was able to convey exactly this feeling.
I haven't seen anything similar with any other producers later (although I certainly haven't flown too many different planes) and limit my personal experience as a pilot only to GA planes.
So I keep my fingers crossed!

I am not a real life pilot.  But I did complete my ground school and was on my way to my check ride till I failed my physical requirements due to my medications I needed.  I am no expert on pipers as I trained in a 172.  But the Just Flight pipers do not handle anything close to a real airplane.  The Warrior in my opinion is the best but still a ways off.  I go back back to P3D and fly the A2A Cherokee and Cessna’s and they replicate the real airplanes so much better.  I really hope they find there way into MSFS soon.  

Matt Wilson