Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 Release Timing?

I read elsewhere that the AH Electra 10-A is coming to MSFS 'real soon'.

The same site published AH MSFS DC-3 preview shots on January 28th, 2021 & they looked pretty good & I thought/hoped  release was not too far away.

I'm not sure if the Electra jumped the queue, but maybe someone from AH can give an update on the DC-3 release status?

T45

I read somewhere at AH the Electra 10A comes before the DC 3 so this means for me it looks like the DC 3 arrival is sometime after the Electra release..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

A suggestion to Aeroplane Heaven: I have just seen a video  of your recently released Spitfire. It looks great and seems to have good system functionality and flying characteristics. However, the cockpit and instrument panel does not really move when the engine starts. Have you considered developing algorithms for cockpit and panel animations to simulate these vibrations. It's pretty important to immersion. And I notice that your announcements for your upcoming DC claims: 

"...In our simulation tribute, we have attempted to bring you something of the way it feels to fly one of these legends. A bone-shaking, rattling ride..."

So how will you make us feel this? Indeed it will be hard to replicate this feeling in a PC desktop simulation, since you wont be able to shake our desk chairs in front of our computers. However, one thing that would really help to overcome these limitations is animation of the cockpit and panel vibrations. A recent freeware version of the DC3 in P3D did a good job of animating these vibrations.

Good luck and I look forward to purchasing your upcoming version of this iconic aircraft.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I'd hoped we'd see the AH DC-3 by now. Super eager for a (good) Dak.

... and DHC Beaver. And C185. And Lancair.

• Like 1

There's been some savage criticism of some other releases on the official forum, very unpleasant and unnecessary some of it IMO.

It could be that AH are just holding back and going over the product to make sure it doesn't upset too many people. Fine tuning🙂 .......just an optimistic guess.

From what I've seen it looks good and sounds good but I'll wait for the reviews before deciding.

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

They are waiting for outsourced Sound & FDE work to be completed.

Best source of info on status is their Facebook page. Won't be out for Easter.

T45

• Like 1

I believe they've also been revising the undercarriage a little, after an inaccuracy was highlighted at Sim Outhouse.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Good to hear. Like I said.......Fine Tuning🙂

Really enjoyed the FS2004 DC-3 and used the Manfred Jahn one on FSX. I won the Tongass Fjords Scenery Package using it in a Screenshot Comp back yonder. So many hours of enjoyment.

• Like 2

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

And they may be waiting to see what the actual SU9 release brings/impact on their product.

Would be particularly galling to release before SU9 & then have SU9 throw it under the bus .

T45

32 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

And they may be waiting to see what the actual SU9 release brings/impact on their product.

Would be particularly galling to release before SU9 & then have SU9 throw it under the bus .

T45

This is why we have the public opt-in beta.  If there are no more beta builds, PMDG knows exactly how their 737 performs in SU9.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Sometimes a final Beta does not match the public release because something was caught at the last minute & fixed in the release, & some 3rd party developers will err on the side of caution & wait for the release to confirm their product is ok. 

T45

11 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Sometimes a final Beta does not match the public release because something was caught at the last minute & fixed in the release, & some 3rd party developers will err on the side of caution & wait for the release to confirm their product is ok. 

T45

Yup. But PMDG should be testing on this beta build anyways.  All 3rd party developers should already be testing on the beta build.  If there are no more beta builds, PMDG will know how their 737 performs on/after April 26.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM