Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Another little wish list item

This is a pet peeve of mine - 

I click search and select Airport, input and do the search - usually the next thing I want to do is see what approaches are available and how they look on the map so I click the procedures tab and they are for some other airport  -  this is my wish -  have the procedures tab already filled in with the airport selection from the search.

I know I can get the same info with a couple of extra clicks but it just seems intuitive to me that upon selecting an airport in the search, the remaining fields would use that info.

If there's a shortcut way to do that, I'm afraid I missed it.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Prior to selecting the procedures tab of the search window, right click on the airport you select on the main search window & select "Show all Procedures" ( CTRL+SHFT+R ) , the procedure tab will now be populated with the airport procedures you desire.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

There are a few shortcuts in the search windows.

Cursor down from the airport ident or other input field activates the list below and allows to select an airport or navaid or whatever is the current search tab. Press return in the list to show the airport on the map or edit a userpoint.
Ctrl+Shift+R even does not need a selection in the result list. It shows the procedures for the first airport in the result list. Also if you press the shortcut with the cursor inside the ident or other input fields. No need to activate the list.
All shortcuts like Ctrl+M (show on map) or Ctrl+I (show information) also work from the input fields on the first airport in the list.

Additionally there are the shortcuts listed in the menu "Window".

Quickest way to get procedures for Hamburg: Press F4, enter EDDH and press Ctrl+Shift+R.

Alex

Thanx  - I guess I was just being lazy..  🙂 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors