Sign in to follow this  
Flieger-Marius

EDRM-Repaints on the Junkers Ju52

Hi folks,
I have to ask for your opinions.

Yesterday, right after release I got right to painting the famous Lufthansa Ju52. This aircraft has a high sentimental value for me because I had the luck to fly in it as a kid.
I had all the details (signature, stickers, plaques) prepared and naturally started placing those. When I got to the main registration I noticed a problem, however.

As of right now, the main door is mapped to the opposite side of the fuselage, creating this nasty little effect when you put on a registration. The right side of the aircraft is unaffected.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I did continue putting the registration onto the wings to "complete" the repaint for my personal use. Now my question is, should I release this (with a disclaimer), or is that a game breaker for anybody with a more objective point of view?

P.S.: I'm trying to contact the creator to see if there is any chance of solving this issue, and I would of course update the paint if that chance materializes.

Edited by Flieger-Marius
  • Like 1

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Oh no!!!! Not another mirroring issue!!!! What a nuisance!

I'm really looking forward to getting the Ju52 - it's such a *classic* aircraft and the attention to detail in the VC (and exterior) looks to be outstanding.

Does anyone know whether it will be available from anywhere *but* Marketplace? I expect Marketplace will install the aircraft in the main/default (encrypted) MSFS location, whereas I prefer to have as many aircraft as I can *outside* MSFS, so I can enable/disable them as I like via Addons Linker.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Dear, let's buy from the marketplace and then sit quietly while our plane loads!

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Flieger-Marius said:

I did continue putting the registration onto the wings to "complete" the repaint for my personal use. Now my question is, should I release this (with a disclaimer), or is that a game breaker for anybody with a more objective point of view?

Hi Marius,

I know your pain 😉 But I would say release with a disclaimer. I would def fly it... 👍

Cheers

T.

I love your various paints and am glad you made D-AQUI!

RE: the mapping issue I know nothing about painting at all, but for the Asobo 747 I have downloaded “no mirroring” paints...the painter got around the issues with a decal - or something like that??

Perhaps a clue?

18 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

for the Asobo 747 I have downloaded “no mirroring” paints...the painter got around the issues with a decal - or something like that??

That's an option but instead of painting on the textures, you need to edit the model for that method.

Other than that being above my current skillset, there's some other concerns I have with it:

• The base model might change, at which time any modified model can easily break
  • I'm not sure every file needed for that is available because some config files are encrypted for Marketplace planes
  • I'm not sure about the legality of editing and distributing payware models, even if from Microsoft
Edited by Flieger-Marius

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

This whole mirroring thing is weird. Is it that asobo has problems creating planes without this issue?

Or is it part of some type of DRM, which is, I suspect, the more likely solution....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In general, mirroring helps use less textures (e.g. one texture for both wings), which enhances performance because your PC has to handle less data.
In this case it's a bit weird because everything except that door was actually done right this time, it seems almost like they forgot it and didn't want to create a new texture just for that.

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Okay I decided on the following compromise:

This package will include two liveries.

• One version as is in the pictures
  • Alternative where I removed the D-AQUI on the fuselage and allowed dynamic registrations, which will show up in a slightly too small size and under the left wing instead of the D-CDLH that should be there.

D-CDLH

4abc50c56725bfbb8d8a738db65c40b051a932fa

ae038b5f8affc167ae7e1ac0fc280abc8106eb9a

58850f8ee948aebb2fe9d3217602f442362ddb0e

c37bd8d4ff8910b6a20e9dc282a289418499360a

Edited by Flieger-Marius
  • Like 4

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

I’ve updated my package to include the modified version by MSFS forum member Archer374, so any download from now on can install a version of D-AQUI on the 1939 model.

• Like 2

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

A little update on this: I have managed to get in contact Oliver Moser, the Jus creator. He has acknowledged the problem and while he can’t make promises, he has forwarded the issue to the modelers.
Maybe we get lucky and they will pave the way for many more repaints on this beauty 🙂

• Like 2

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Another really positive update:
Oliver has taken this issue into account and fixed it with the lastest Ju-Update. What a great developer!
My repaint now shows as intended.

f93ac330d0e81602b8310cec6751c9b4ce6fe1dc

3b13eb3d802546c99cf9b0d7192f8125c0bc67af

Edited by Flieger-Marius
  • Like 3

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Sounds great Marius! Do I also need to re-download your repaint or is the fix that Oliver / Asobo rolled out lately enough? I can not fly at the moment, otherwise I would check myself of course 🙂