Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phantoms

AI?

Hi,I have been into the flight sim series for quite a few years and am quite experienced with various add-ons etc but one thing I have never experimented with is AI traffic.... having seen some screenshots recently with lots of realistic AI in them I would like to find out more..... can anyone point me in the right direction with regards to the most popular programs/add-ons (either freeware or non) or a guide on how to add AI into flight sim?? I'm a bit of a novice on this front!Many Thanks...

They look good thanks.... can you only use one or the other?? or is it ok to use airlines from each one??

You can have WofAI and PAI stuff in your sim all together if you want.Those two AI makers use installer programs and are simple to set up and install. There are also pay packages like Ultimate Traffic and MyTrafficX. I'm not sure what version of FS you are running.One important thing to remember if you are talking about FSX: Those AI packages (WoAI and PAI) are still compiled for FS2004. They will work fine in FSX. But FS2004 AI and FSX AI cannot co-exist at the same airport at the same time. This was done by design, but I'm not quite sure exactly "why" this design choice was made.That's not a concern for most people since they run all FS2004-spec AI anyway, and ditch the FSX default AI. If you run custom AI like me it's different.One thing you might consider for FSX is renaming the default traffic file to trafficAircraft.bgl.stock and that way you will gain framerate , especially if you're using old FS2004 packages.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thats very helpful thank you!! I havent yet made the jump to FSX so I only have to worry about FS2004... looks like it makes things a bit simpler!Another question regarding AI... Now i've started paying more attention to the AI traffic i'm wondering if there is any way to control the way the traffic utilises certain airports. In particular, for example looking at runway use London Gatwick... In real life only 8R/26L is used, however i've got traffic using 8L/26R as well... How would I go about disabling the use of this runway for AI traffic?? If at all possible??

Hi,For that you would use AFCAD and edit the runways. Some feel this is worth the effort, but I don't!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Tried installing the projectai installer today with little success.... I keep receiving what appears to be an error message but it is in french so struggling to understand what it means!!"Le m

-SNIP->One important thing to remember if you are talking about FSX: >Those AI packages (WoAI and PAI) are still compiled for>FS2004. They will work fine in FSX. But FS2004 AI and FSX AI>cannot co-exist at the same airport at the same time. This>was done by design, but I'm not quite sure exactly "why" this>design choice was made.>>That's not a concern for most people since they run all>FS2004-spec AI anyway, and ditch the FSX default AI. If you>run custom AI like me it's different.>-SNIP->RhettThe above situation that you mention, Rhett, should be remediedwhen a utility is released that converts the FS9 traffic BGL filesdirectly to FSX-format BGL's. The utility exists but hasn't yetbe published, to my knowledge.I ran across it on one of the many forums I frequent and installedit, ran a half-dozen of my FS9 BGL's trough it and I now have both"native" AI FSX traffic and FS9 AI traffic co-existing. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>Tried installing the projectai installer today with little>success.... I keep receiving what appears to be an error>message but it is in french so struggling to understand what>it means!!>>"Le m

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Phantoms

The PAI installer is not currently compatible with FSX, only FS9 (and FS2002). WOAI's installer is compatible with FSX. PAI is working on a FSX installer.