Sign in to follow this  
EasternT3

NADP 1 vs 2

Is NADP 2 the standard nowadays? If so is NADP1 still used, if so which airports (I think John Wayne is one) also would I find anything in Navigraph charts to depict which to use?

Thanks

Almost all airport I know use NADP in China use NADP1, Also many airports in Japan as I know.

The NADP depict on Jeppesen charts (Basically what Navigraph is) is not standardize, Most EU airports are in 10-1x "Airport Briefing (DEP)"  I believe, but in Japan most of them are in REF - Noise abatement, and very few would be in SID, and many I couldn't find, some says follow SID is NADP route, which I could only assume that there is no need to change climb out procedure then?

It is basically up to the authorities to decide.

I work at Arlanda / ESSA, and we recommend NADP 2, in order to protect noise sensitive areas more remotely from the airport (read: suburbs)

All departures and noise emissions are monitored by ANOMS (Aircraft Noise and Operations Monitoring System), so you can see who is cheating 🙂 

However, landings are actually more of a concern regarding noise. This is b/c approaches takes more time and aircraft flies at lower altitudes for a longer period of time. We can depart aircraft at night time, but are not allowed straight-in (ILS/Loc) approaches, only curved RNP

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |