Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

DRM thread

So make DRM illegal, but...

3 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I have xtlua, autoatc, a helicopter and a couple of planes in dev that need a licencing system

🤦‍♂️

@tonywob @Ray Proudfoot Can we please lock this?  

30 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I didnt say that GNU do.

https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-drm.en.html

But so far what they say makes a lot more sense than anything you posted.

Im fine with nonfree repos, just not the BS that comes with DRM, the two are completely different things - itunes store vs drm in music.

Its more than enough for me that each sale has a key unique to a person to run (and they can therefore be traced and sued if it turns up on some file sharing site and the key disabled in the next update), just like LR it doesnt need to go any further than that. 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

4 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Now we should close this one, has nothing to do with XPLANE, I dont know why they call people Trolls, as Trolls are nice happy things that live under mushrooms.

Absolute nonsense. They live under bridges and ere grumpy to boot. You must be thinking of pixies.

35 minutes ago, GoranM said:

🤦‍♂️

@tonywob @Ray Proudfoot Can we please lock this?  

Before you go you were right and I apologise. Gizmo did just need an email and password to get it to work with my updated pc. Then it touchingly also wanted me to give the pc a name. So I've called it GoranM!🤣

That's just about the most disturbing and creepy thing I've seen someone do, that I've interacted with.

Can the mods close this its went down the sewer before it got started im done with this forum serves no purpose but to feed angry trolls, ban me please. I beg you so i cant come back ever.

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

That's just about the most disturbing and creepy thing I've seen someone do, that I've interacted with.

I would have thought you and XA would have already known? No doubt all my personal details, pc specs and goodness knows what else are now safely stored on the XA server.

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

Every 6 months, re-enter email and password (for YOUR security,

For MY security, yes, sure! DRM only has my wishes in mind. Lol

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, rka said:

For MY security, yes, sure! DRM only has my wishes in mind. Lol

Yes.  It does.

Edited by GoranM

What exactly IS DRM ?

I believe there are certainly forms of DRM we don't ever even notice. I'm well aware of some in my daytime job :-/

Then there appear to be forms of more than "just" DRM stuff, like one that gave rise to a lot of protests when a given Airbus add-on was once deployed with it active....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Personally, I think that any sort of licensing control should be made at the installation point. Forcing me to use an unwanted plugin that phones home every once in a while is not something that I am totally happy with.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

This topic has become disturbing and is now locked.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather