Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Defrag recommendation from another simmer!

With this program-you get program updates thru a link that is sent email. Since I am not getting the emails I can't update....There have been already about 3 updates. There is no other way to contact the company except thru emails-and none of mine have been answered.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>With this program-you get program updates thru a link that>is sent email. Since I am not getting the emails I can't>update....There have been already about 3 updates. There is no>other way to contact the company except thru emails-and none>of mine have been answered.>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgI own UltimateDefrag myself and I have not noticed this. But then I have only had it about two weeks. I just figured that you updated it by going to their web site. You mean to tell me that the only way to upgrade your ver is getting a link via e-mail? That seems kind of clunky to me.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

What will the full (purchased) version of O&O defragger do that the trial version will not do?Also, is there a limit of the number of defrags you can do or like a time limit 30 days then it expires.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

>It appears to me that all that is on the website is a demo.>It states that updates are free by a link sent via email. If>you find otherwise let me know.>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgHi,Ya, I thought someone who used it already might be able to give me a clue on the trial versions usefullness.In the past I have downloaded "trial" versions, only to be caught in a long "drawn out" process of various registering e-mails and then to find out it (trial version) had "very limited" use ... or no real use at all. Just a waste of time if you know what I mean.Side notes:By the way, I have flown the Dreamfleet BaronXP on many a short flight... even one on VATSIM. Great plane. Wish there navdata (real old) was up to date.Are fuel costs keeping you and Baron grounded or do you get it up once in a while?

Best Regards,

>The trick is to run on low power settings when practicing>(don't have to get anywhere fast in that scenerio). Took it>out a couple days ago for 2 hours-and only burned 38 gallons!>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgGo-arounds hurt these day at the pump!After I win the lotto I am going to purchase a new Baron with the extended fuel capacity!Have a great day.

Best Regards,

I used the trial version for a week testing all the various methods of defragging to compare them. The trial version I used gave me everything the purchased version gives me. I didn't find any reference to a limited number of defrags and I did quite a lot. Should only take a week to make a decision to buy or not.Gary

Gary,Thank you for the reply.I will go get it then and give it a try based on your information here.Sounds like a good program.

Best Regards,

Guest SteveJ

Geofa-I have been using Ultimate Defrag (it came bundled with my FSX order via PC Aviator) as has been described above and have been very happy with it. I do get periodic emails with updates from Disktrix -- in fact the most recent update lets you select any particular file and see it highlighted on the schematic of your disk drive...this way you can confirm that your FSX scenery files are in fact on the outer edge, etc. I didn't save the email, unfortunately, but hope that you can get the updating problem from Disktrix worked out.I don't understand why they would not respond, but another possibility might be checking with PC Aviator to see if they have a point of contact at Disktrix, since they seem to be very closely associated. HTH,Steve J.KHEFBasic System Specs: Dell XPS 600 Gen5 P4 650 3.4GHz (800FSB) w/HT 2MB Cache, 1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 667MHz, Dual 256MB PCI Expressx16 GeForce 6800 in SLI w/.9147 drivers 1280x1024/32/85Hz, 250GB Serial ATA HD (7200rpm) 72% free, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Windows XP Media Ed SP2, DirectX 9.0c, Viewsonic A95f 19in, CHProducts Yoke and Pedals, Ultimate Defrag, PC Pitstop Optimize.

>Thanks-another user helped me out. Not sure either about what>caused the troubles.>I am trying out the new auto feature right now...>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgI am glad you got their e-mail thing working. If not I was going to find out what e-mail address mailed me notification, and see if that would point you in the right direction.I am not doing the "auto" feature. I think that is not for our type of user Geof. :) I need to read the docs a little on it though.Incidentally I have E:FSX E:SCENERY and E:FSTOOLS all on the outer tracks, among a few other things.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB