Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Orbx, Seafront's Global Shipping and AI ships wakes

3 hours ago, Seafront Simulations said:

We have rolled out wake updates and minor LOD improvements to both Enhanced AI (which also benefits Global Shipping) and the Vessels Core library which underpins all of our regional sceneries. Vessels Core also includes new models in support of the newly released Vessels: UK South East.

Hi:

Please, just three questions:

1. How the Vessels-UK South East interact with Global Shipping?. Are they two different products?. Please explain (at least to me...😪).

2. I own both Enhanced AI plus Global Shipping. Will I need to wait for releases like the UK South East to populate Global Shipping with more models, or future models will be added to Global Shipping as part of the original purchase on future updates?.

3. Probably it has been mentioned before, but just want to check with you which are your recommended % Traffic settings in sim for (from memory) Leisure Boats, Ferries and Ships in general?.

Thanks in advance, looks like I'm a bit confused.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Hi:

Please, just three questions:

1. How the Vessels-UK South East interact with Global Shipping?. Are they two different products?. Please explain (at least to me...😪).

2. I own both Enhanced AI plus Global Shipping. Will I need to wait for releases like the UK South East to populate Global Shipping with more models, or future models will be added to Global Shipping as part of the original purchase on future updates?.

3. Probably it has been mentioned before, but just want to check with you which are your recommended % Traffic settings in sim for (from memory) Leisure Boats, Ferries and Ships in general?.

Thanks in advance, looks like I'm a bit confused.

Hi @edpatino

1. There are some dependencies

Vessels: Anguilla, St Martin & St Barts, Vessels: UK South East and Vessels: Channel Islands require the free Vessels Core Library. These are our core product line of regional sceneries.

Vessels: Global Shipping requires Vessels: Enhanced AI (but Enhanced AI itself can be used standalone). These affect the sim globally.

...so Global Shipping and UK South East are not linked from a dependency perspective but you will obviously see a traffic boost with both together.

2. As independent but complimenting products we work on them separately.

- Global Shipping will receive its own updates in terms of more model variety, more routes and more traffic.

- UK South East will also be getting some updates over time although it is more or less feature complete at the moment.

3. We recommend 100% for leisure, ship and ferry traffic.

I hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Hi @edpatino

1. There are some dependencies

Vessels: Anguilla, St Martin & St Barts, Vessels: UK South East and Vessels: Channel Islands require the free Vessels Core Library. These are our core product line of regional sceneries.

Vessels: Global Shipping requires Vessels: Enhanced AI (but Enhanced AI itself can be used standalone). These affect the sim globally.

...so Global Shipping and UK South East are not linked from a dependency perspective but you will obviously see a traffic boost with both together.

2. As independent but complimenting products we work on them separately.

- Global Shipping will receive its own updates in terms of more model variety, more routes and more traffic.

- UK South East will also be getting some updates over time although it is more or less feature complete at the moment.

3. We recommend 100% for leisure, ship and ferry traffic.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, it helps!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Global Shipping will get additional traffic (including Great Lakes) and models in future updates

Is traffic going to pass or going to be present trough the St-Lawrence river the reach the Great Lakes?

4 hours ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Hi All

We have rolled out wake updates and minor LOD improvements to both Enhanced AI (which also benefits Global Shipping) and the Vessels Core library which underpins all of our regional sceneries. Vessels Core also includes new models in support of the newly released Vessels: UK South East.

Further wake and effect updates will be coming in the future across the products. Global Shipping will get additional traffic (including Great Lakes) and models in future updates too, although not necessarily all at the same time.

Still no cross channel ferries from Dover is a disappointment. One Ocean liner and two (what looks like) container carriers in port but not a ferry in sight.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I bought Enhanced AI and Global Vessels on XBOX Series X so this is my experience with the product: I download the free Core Content pack, and then the Enhanced AI (as required for the Global Vessels pack) and then  i download and installed the Global Vessel.. then restart the game and even the console!!

Fire up the game to tested it, check the boat traffic sliders, both at 100%… 

First test,NYC area: Couple of boats, no wake, no night lighting on the boats and none of the boats are moving..

Second test, Miami area: Couple of boats(most of them probably from my LVFR KFLL, KMIA scenery) no wakes, no night lighting.

Third test,SF bay area: same results as above

Fourth test, Singapore straight: Zero boats!!

So this is my review for the XBOX version.. haven’t tried it yet in my PC but for the moment i feel just like i threw 48 CAD$ in my fireplace!!

Edit: Works fine and look good on PC, i saw on the official forum there is an issue with the XBOX version!

Edited by Sylvenzo

Can someone tell me what FPS hit there is with the global/enhanced AI packages please?

28 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Can someone tell me what FPS hit there is with the global/enhanced AI packages please?

Negligible in my experience. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

No difference at all in my experience.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |