Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

MSFS Sim update 6

applications to join the Beta is now active on the Xbox Insider Hub.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I find it interesting that there is not the BIG RUSH to apply this time. I know I have had enough after the last 2.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

2 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

I find it interesting that there is not the BIG RUSH to apply this time. I know I have had enough after the last 2.

I think the mess of SU5 and lack of actual listening to the beta testers has no doubt turned many off, Jorg admitted they made "mistakes" with some aspects of SU5 so perhaps their handling of reports vs bug fixing them is one of those mistakes.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hi, I applied and I’m in. What is concerning me is the following 

Please keep in mind that you may have to re-install the sim on your PC if you do not have your sim content located on a custom path.

I will think about and most probably I will  “Leave” in the Xbox insider and wait for the official release. I’m not into start reinstalling the sim,

I understand people with the Steam version can't apply. Correct?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I will be a beta tester on the 19th like the rest of you .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I understand people with the Steam version can't apply. Correct?

Correct Steam owners are not allowed to take part in all the fun - prob due to how beta version is distributed 😞 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

Well hold on to your hat because based on the last QA their going to tweak the in sim flight model which will break most of our add-on or modded aircraft.  There's no way to make these changes without doing that.  On the plus side the team is very committed especially with the wind at their backs thanks to the 2 million plus active users of the sim.  The changes in the long run will be better for the sim as a whole.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Please keep in mind that you may have to re-install the sim on your PC if you do not have your sim content located on a custom path.

I will think about and most probably I will  “Leave” in the Xbox insider and wait for the official release. I’m not into start reinstalling the sim,

This happened to me on the last beta. Never again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

Well hold on to your hat because based on the last QA their going to tweak the in sim flight model which will break most of our add-on or modded aircraft.  There's no way to make these changes without doing that.

Is that a fact... their previous tweaks have improved my addon/modded aircraft 😉

P149, Turbo Bonanza...

Bert

5 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

If your sim installation is not in the default folder then this should not be a problem. My installation is on a dedicated ssd.

Edited by YMMB

So does it then seem that they have issues with the default installation location that they themselves defined?  Where is my "egg on face" emoji????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Kudos to the upcoming beta testers for having the patience and motivation to continue the process.

I hope your detailed reports and observations are appreciated and most importantly THOROUGHLY READ AND ACKNOWLEDGED by the devs this go around.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2