Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

MSFS Sim update 6

6 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m not into start reinstalling the sim,

Mate,

I do not understand this sentiment LOL. I am long used to reinstallations as I have had to do this after the last three updates. Then begins the deletion of mods and addons to find which work and which do not. I have found on average that each update has taken about a week to sort out.

However, please note that that work, I find is justified by the beautiful sim I get as a result.  I DO resent the work involved and dread with a passion, each announced update, but results are justified in my opinion.

Also I note that:-

2 hours ago, YMMB said:

Please keep in mind that you may have to re-install the sim on your PC if you do not have your sim content located on a custom path.

I have my sim on a dedicated SSD (1TB - and rapidly losing free space) so I guess I would not have to reinstall ... bearing in mind that it is an update and, further, a Beta version, which I would automatically assume is going to involve a reinstall given my past history.

If I assume the initial reinstall on access to Beta, and given past history again, once the SU6 is released, I would logically expect to do yet another update.  

For these reasons, I am not really considering becoming a Beta tester.

Somewhat negative attitude I know

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I will check how AxisAndOhs will work with x-touch mini, and my 3 Carenados. I am confident we won't need to test WorkingTitle's products, after all they are called "Working", not "nonWorkingTitle"

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

16 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I do not understand this sentiment LOL. I am long used to reinstallations as I have had to do this after the last three updates. Then begins the deletion of mods and addons to find which work and which do not. I have found on average that each update has taken about a week to sort out.

And all of that is clear evidence that this product, MSFS 2020, was not a complete product at any time from release until now.  I feel like I purchased a used airplane where the previous owner did not divulge the true condition, and the technician who performed the most recent annual prior to my purchase was paid off!

I prefer true representation and genuine honesty to underhanded wink-winks!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I am all set doing betas for them. Last one was enough for me

what are the alternatives? I don't see any. I am glad to be part of it.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

26 minutes ago, turbomax said:

what are the alternatives? I don't see any. I am glad to be part of it.

Fair questions! To what extent do you feel your feedback has influenced the results?  And if you feel positive about that do you then feel any responsibility for what ensued as a result? That question about what we as a user base experienced prior to subsequent hot fixes when we have all been testers?

And add to that this question. Was any testing done relative to the effects on paid-for addons? Especially those in the Marketplace.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

21 minutes ago, fppilot said:

To what extent do you feel your feedback has influenced the results?

more so than with the other  2 simulators. 

it will take time, but I do see progress. we will get there eventually.

• Like 1

very nice.

38 minutes ago, fppilot said:

And all of that is clear evidence that this product, MSFS 2020, was not a complete product at any time from release until now.  I feel like I purchased a used airplane where the previous owner did not divulge the true condition, and the technician who performed the most recent annual prior to my purchase was paid off!

I prefer true representation and genuine honesty to underhanded wink-winks!

Whilst I understand your sentiment, it is far from what I think. I feel that the whole project deserves some patience on our behalf.  A final, complete and workable core sim with workable updates is a fair way off in the future but I believe that we have a substantial structure that is mostly workable, and if not acceptable to some then I can understand that.  

I reiterate that I am not happy being forced to go through the rigmarole that I endure with each update, but again, that work does pay off.

I have followed your comments generally and I appreciate that you are often far from happy with this sim, but as a pensioner, I have the time and motivation to endure further.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

18 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

appreciate that you are often far from happy with this sim, but as a pensioner, I have the time and motivation to endure further.

again: what are the alternatives? are they a less stressful experience? yes, but are they any better? would I ever trade MSFS for my older sims? no way! is MSFS a better sim than  it was a year before? Do I have confidence in WorkingTitle to make the 747/787/A320 great again? absolutely.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

very nice.

15 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Sell it for parts.

It has some value, but miniscule compared to the price of a new gpu card!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

29 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I feel that the whole project deserves some patience on our behalf. 

I would agree if only it had from day one lived up to the pre-release hype.  Even today it does not live up to that standard.  Please however understand that my most recent 120 hours, without exception, are logged in MSFS.  That is a result of the now nearly year old Robert Young mod for the G36 and the WT NXi GPS, not the result of core development!  That in its mere makeup is quite a statement. 

On an IFR day, with no view of the surface and IMC on departure and arrival, my previous sim with avionics and weather addons is superior.  Far superior.

Those seasons of the year here in the eastern half of the USA are fast approaching. I still have two simulators installed and will retain and fly both until only one is adequate!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

58 minutes ago, turbomax said:

more so than with the other  2 simulators. 

Which other simulators did you participate in testing?  Verifiable?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

52 minutes ago, turbomax said:

again: what are the alternatives? are they a less stressful experience? yes, but are they any better? would I ever trade MSFS for my older sims? no way! is MSFS a better sim than  it was a year before? Do I have confidence in WorkingTitle to make the 747/787/A320 great again? absolutely.

Well, I see it as a necessary process, but it's not for ME. I have been doing this as a volunteer with no pay and when you do these kinds of things, I think the key is feeling that you are doing SOMETHING that helps things along, contributing in some sort of meaningful way. With the way the process has been up until now, at least, I didn't feel that anything I contributed (along with others) resonated in any meaningful way based on what was released as SU5. So, based on THAT, I am out - the cherry on top was seeing how some of the users blamed those of us in Beta for the product that ended up being released. I don't need to be subjected to experiences that are deeply unfulfilling for free. Do I see a ton of progress? Absolutely! Do I have faith in the sim? Absolutely! I still LOVE and support this sim (and I also support the other two as well!)... I just don't need the frustration associated with Beta testing the way it has been done up until now. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, fppilot said:

and the WT NXi GPS, not the result of core development!

Well, to be fair, we're literally on the MSFS team, a first party just like Asobo. Not sure it gets more core than that. 😉

-Matt

• Like 6