Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Anyone flying P3d with Windows 11?

Windows 11 Pre-release has been available for those willing to try it.  Just wondering if any simmers have been flying P3d with Windows 11 Beta being the operating system on their computers. If so, any performance differences that are noticeable? Just curious this Friday morning. 
Stan

Hi, Stan. I have Windows 11 Pro. Absolutely no adverse issues. Although my FPS are a little lower, not bad, though.

Mike 

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

44 minutes ago, simaddict said:

Hi, Stan. I have Windows 11 Pro. Absolutely no adverse issues. Although my FPS are a little lower, not bad, though.

Mike 

ditto windows 11 pro,  fresh install from scratch and no issues.  

14ppkc-6.png

Smoother and no need for the dreaded affinity mask also no sound dropping with ATC calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40track said:

Smoother and no need for the dreaded affinity mask also no sound dropping with ATC calls.

Very interesting.

• Like 1

Great responses. I was really concerned about this since it's an entirely new OS.  Now I'm looking forward to downloading it when available in final release.

Thanks.

Stan

I really like windows 11.

only issue i have is with file explorer when you right click on a file you get this new box come up 

Untitled.jpg

id love to know how to get the old menu back like below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRrw9XmssuI7PwEZ-kckr

anyone know how to do it ?

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I don't have windows 11 yet but found this: https://allthings.how/how-to-get-classic-context-menu-of-file-explorer-back-in-windows-11/

Maybe that will help?

Good Luck. I know these changes can sometimes be very frustrating.

Jesse

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I really like windows 11.

only issue i have is with file explorer when you right click on a file you get this new box come up 

Untitled.jpg

id love to know how to get the old menu back like below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRrw9XmssuI7PwEZ-kckr

Select show more options (Shift+F10)

i really like it !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Just downloaded Microsoft 11 today and all is well.

Stan

• Like 2

Late last night I finished installing it and this morning, after my usual "streamlining" of Windows with disables in services.msc to optimize it and installing the Nvidia 472.12 Game Ready driver
for W11, I did a couple of flights with the QW 787 and, of course, confirmation will be needed, but what I notice is an improvement of about 5/10 fps over the W10.