Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Anyone flying P3d with Windows 11?

The only issue I have is EZCA that doesn't work anymore on Windows 11 (fresh install). EZCA doesn't see installed simconnect libraries and gives "List index out of bounds (0)" error during setup/configuration. Other addons work without any problems.

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

Has anybody tried chaseplane in Windows 11?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Working fine Dave

• Like 2

Anyone with VRInsight MCP Combo on Windows 11? Is it working?

Edited by casv

So far the only problems I have encountered with W11 do not concern the use of P3D after several flights, but on the Internet where I found some browser crashes and a black screen with an unspecified problem followed, strangely, by the display of the home page of the BIOS.

Another thing I looked for but couldn't find even in Microsoft support, is how to put the Ethernet connection status icon on the taskbar, as it disappeared while on W10 it was regularly present.

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

Works fine.  Everything seems OK. 

Only issue I had was adding volanta and a few other things to the windows defender exclusion. 

(As in you need to add it to windows defender.) 

Other than this, no issues. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

chaseplane working fine same has W10 as far as i can see

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

P3d is working fine but there is a (known) bug in the File Explorer. Sometimes when you shift an open window by pointing at its top bar the cursor starts moving in all kinds of weird patterns. You have lost control completely. The only way to reset it is by ctrl-alt-delete or powering down.

I regret i upgraded at Day 1. You better wait till Microsoft has fixed it.

Bye, Bye ... Windows 11!

Unfortunately Windows 11 lasted me ... two days because after a start where everything seemed normal, in addition to disappearing all the icons from the taskbar, the cursor moved but clicking on anything nothing happened.

I restarted the PC but the screen remained desolately dark and no attempt to restore worked and "thanking" ... Microsoft, I had to reinstall everything even though I did it quickly because having so much faith in ... Microsoft, I had created a clone of the SSD M2, before installing W11.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, AdiR said:

The only issue I have is EZCA that doesn't work anymore on Windows 11 (fresh install). EZCA doesn't see installed simconnect libraries and gives "List index out of bounds (0)" error during setup/configuration. Other addons work without any problems.

Do what I did go into your old windows files and copy WinSxS into your new windows and it works fine and it won't mess up your windows 11 install the reason is that the simconnect files don't seem to copy over to windows 11

Using Windows 11 since over a week now, faced no issues at all. The update process was also quite smooth "surprisingly".

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 8:55 PM, sonny147 said:

chaseplane working fine same has W10 as far as i can see

i got an update message today for chaseplane,  whats changed ??

thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

Just to be safe, I cloned my C drive to another SSD. Also, I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core. Looks like I'll wait for a while before upgrading; maybe forever lol