Sign in to follow this  
Wnuk

Esc then back to flight causing engine to shut off

Been away from MSFS all summer and updated everything this past week. Went to fly the TBM, used esc key to adjust some settings, the went to resume flight only to have the engine shut off. I recall this before but thought it was fixed?

Anyone else with this issue?

TIA

Yes this was fixed some time ago and I mostly fly the TBM and have not had any problems with this bug since the initial fix. In fact yours is the first I've heard of it resurfacing. Although if I recall the initial bug was that it would zero the throttle and not actually shut down the engines and a quick throttle touch and they came back to where they were prior to the ESC key being pressed. I could be mis-remembering though.

I had this same thing happen to me in the TBM last week. I had thought it was "fixed" too, but it did happen. Luckily I was at cruising altitude and had all kinds of time to restart the engine and continue my flight (and then go change my laundry).

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

I get full flap following ESC and then resume.

You do have the TCA Airbus Throttle, do you?

• Like 1

Thanks for confirmation it isn’t just on my end. Oh well, maybe it’ll be fixed In SU6

9 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Yes.

That is the culprit. Check the assignements for full brakes and full flaps of the throttle and delete them.

It's the mixture control most likely. If you have that bound to an axis, have it in idle cut-off position and then spawn into an aircraft that doesn't have mixture controls like the TBM the sim doesn't read the value from your throttle initially. So no issue comes up at first. However if you esc out of the sim and back in then the sim reads the position of everything like your throttle, prop rpm, mixture, etc. and applies them to your plane. Unfortunately this means that if you have your mixture set to idle cutoff as you haven't used it given that your plane doesn't have it the sim still reads it and the TBM engine cuts out. Only way to work around this bug is to make sure that you have your mixture not set in the fully off position on your throttle. Should all be fine then. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

That is the culprit. Check the assignements for full brakes and full flaps of the throttle and delete them.

Yes. That fixed it. Thanks!  Now I have to retrain myself not to pound the flaps retract button every time I come back from the menus.