Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

AI TRAFFIC ON MSFS!

Looking to the left and right of my plane and discovering empty gateways is like landing on a runway without lights.

A simulator is a good simulator when it does not omit any of the fundamental parts that constitute it. Asobo told us that the MSFS had real air traffic. And it has neither air traffic, nor is it real. Something that makes charts, atc, and skies stale and empty.

This post is for lovers and developers who have spent more than 20 years devising airplane models for fsx, without which the current simulator would not have had a reality. AIG is a great family, but it is not the only one. many designers are wanting MSFS to fix, at a minimum, the basis for the models to be present. since they have not, they should at least open the doors to the wonderful work of many.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AI traffic (along with ATC) is a total, utter DISASTER in MSFS. It renders the "sim" part of MSFS completely useless - leaving it to be a very pretty GAME.Still - what would you expect from a product that has XBOX stamped all over it?

With time, MSFS may mature into what we would describe as a SIMULATOR but I wouldn't hold your breath. Over a year since the release and they still haven't fixed the most basic bugs (as well as intoducing new ones with every "update").

Don't get me wrong - I love playing in MSFS (it's an eye-candy fest) - but for serious simming, I'd rather be elsewhere ... XP11, P3D or DCS (for the combat stuff).

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

30 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

AI traffic (along with ATC) is a total, utter DISASTER in MSFS. It renders the "sim" part of MSFS completely useless - leaving it to be a very pretty GAME.Still - what would you expect from a product that has XBOX stamped all over it?

With time, MSFS may mature into what we would describe as a SIMULATOR but I wouldn't hold your breath. Over a year since the release and they still haven't fixed the most basic bugs (as well as intoducing new ones with every "update").

Don't get me wrong - I love playing in MSFS (it's an eye-candy fest) - but for serious simming, I'd rather be elsewhere ... XP11, P3D or DCS (for the combat stuff).

I just did a flight in MSFS from Shoreham to Husbands Bosworth.  I planned the flight in Foreflight and had that running alongside MSFS.  I followed real world procedures in Foreflight and every single one was perfectly represented in MSFS (I use Navigraph to keep MSFS navigation data up to date).  As you say, everything out the window matches real world.  The UK has a deep area of low pressure approaching from the west and live weather represented that very well.  I use the PMS Garmin 750 that is feature rich as well as the G1000 Nxi by WT, again it represents real world procedures very well.

If you want to simulate flight and real world procedures, MSFS does it.  If you want to use MSFS to fly under bridges as a game, it will do that too.  A little over a year since release, MSFS is coming along nicely.  I've had two disasters that required a re-install.  One of these took me 4 days to sort out!  Despite this, and some niggling bugs you mention, the last word I would use for MSFS is 'disaster' - SUPERB would be nearer the mark.

• Like 24
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Looking to the left and right of my plane and discovering empty gateways is like landing on a runway without lights.

A simulator is a good simulator when it does not omit any of the fundamental parts that constitute it. Asobo told us that the MSFS had real air traffic. And it has neither air traffic, nor is it real. Something that makes charts, atc, and skies stale and empty.

This post is for lovers and developers who have spent more than 20 years devising airplane models for fsx, without which the current simulator would not have had a reality. AIG is a great family, but it is not the only one. many designers are wanting MSFS to fix, at a minimum, the basis for the models to be present. since they have not, they should at least open the doors to the wonderful work of many.

Are you familiar with the magic word "wait"? You should probably write a similar whiney post tomorrow about the AI to get it out of your system.

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

52 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

... and every single one was perfectly represented in MSFS (I use Navigraph to keep MSFS navigation data up to date).  [cut] ...  I use the PMS Garmin 750 that is feature rich as well as the G1000 Nxi by WT, again it represents real world procedures very well.

That's two payware addons to give you what (arguably) should have been in the sim to start with. The default navigation data in MSFS is full of errors and omissions .. but .. I accept that the basic 750 is probably OK - and you're paying for extra functionality.

Also - you don't mention AI triffic 😉

@drumcode - you know,it *IS* possible to criticise a product that's had over a year to get it right. No need to resort to insults.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Adamski_NZ said:

@drumcode - you know,it *IS* possible to criticise a product that's had over a year to get it right. No need to resort to insults.

100%. I have my own whine list that stretches around the corner or even further, trust me. He's been complaining about the same thing numerous times a week, when it was publicly announced that the AI will likely not get addressed until 2022 now. I get it, the level of frustration runs high for a lot of folks, but take it on a chin and move on with your life, or at least whine about something else, heh.

• Like 9

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

44 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

100%. I have my own whine list that stretches around the corner or even further, trust me. He's been complaining about the same thing numerous times a week, when it was publicly announced that the AI will likely not get addressed until 2022 now. I get it, the level of frustration runs high for a lot of folks, but take it on a chin and move on with your life, or at least whine about something else, heh.

Aaah ... OK ... fairy nuff! 😉

It's like flying in an almost dead world, It is sad really.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

That's two payware addons to give you what (arguably) should have been in the sim to start with. The default navigation data in MSFS is full of errors and omissions ..

The WT G1000 NXi is not a payware addon, it is totally free, and is being developed as part of our core simulator work as part of the MSFS team.

Additionally, the default navdata, while not totally perfect, is actually several orders of magnitude more accurate than anything that has been previously delivered in a sim for no cost, and is actually quite accurate in general, if you look across the whole breadth of the navdata.

-Matt

• Like 17

Back on topic…. I decided to try out the new JU-52. Took a flight across New Zealand, landed at NZCH. Taxied to the ramp and guess what…. no less than 4 JU-52’s parked at gates. 

So now the sim has gone from dishing up an excess of AI Spitfires to an excess of JU-52’s. I suppose some might call that progress. 

Ugggggh!!!!!

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

22 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The WT G1000 NXi is not a payware addon, it is totally free, and is being developed as part of our core simulator work as part of the MSFS team.

Additionally, the default navdata, while not totally perfect, is actually several orders of magnitude more accurate than anything that has been previously delivered in a sim for no cost, and is actually quite accurate in general, if you look across the whole breadth of the navdata.

-Matt

For what it's worth, I'm having a ball in MSFS. Just graduated from your guys' CJ4 to the CRJ.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

32 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

So now the sim has gone from dishing up an excess of AI Spitfires to an excess of JU-52’s. I suppose some might call that progress.

That's one of the reasons I hate installing stuff via Marketplace - it makes it very difficult to edit the aircraft.cfg files (for non-Steam users, without having to mess with default system permissions). Also, I think MSFS often ignores the "IsAirTraffic" flag and displays them anyway - plus all your edits will be lost by the next aircraft update.

I use [the amazing] Addon Linker to organise my fleet - and have set it up to display only liveries for particular areas, then military or civil. This way I can *slightly* control what appears as AI and ground traffic at various locations.

Sadly, a few well-known developers insist on installing their products in "Community" by default, so you can't control which liveries appear where. It can usually be achieved by copying the lot to your external folder and linking from there but, again, you'll lose your edits each time the product gets an update.

BTW - I also get fed up of sitting in my Spitfire at Duxford, surrounded by Boeing 737s and A320s!

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

Here I use RealTraffic + PSXT for MSFS.

I have modified the types.xml file from PSXT (thanks for Nico’s help) so all real ac types are devided over the A320 Neo,, B787 and B747.

So I have a lot parked ac, taxiing ac and I have landing and taking off ac.

Only taking off ac disappear wheh they are about 200-300 ff in the air.

I use the Mega Pack ac set but only the ones that display normally (normal textures) when approaching them. Otherwise I delete that ac.

Higher the air I have flying ac around me.

This is the best I can get at the moment till Asobo has fixed the AI ac ( somewhere in 2022 … )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I have modified the types.xml file from PSXT (thanks for Nico’s help) so all real ac types are devided over the A320 Neo,, B787 and B747.

Do you have a tuto on how to do that pls? i am usin PSX with realtraffic nut is a total disaster since SU5

6 hours ago, abranpuko said:

A simulator is a good simulator when it does not omit any of the fundamental parts that constitute it. Asobo told us that the MSFS had real air traffic.

I doubt MS/Asobo are going to count the number of your contributions on this matter and when it reaches 20 they will start to develop AI.

I've shown you that there is plenty of traffic in MSFS in another topic when you called the skies "empty". You need a couple of free addons (there are even a few alternatives) to improve it right now, but that's it.

There are MSFS AI programs in development - as far as I know Aerosoft and AIG are working on them. and they can be expected in the foreseeable future.

I agree default MSFS needs improvement but continuous whining will not achieve this. If I were a developer it would rather discourage me.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11