Sign in to follow this  
Puddin

Freeware Hawker Seahawk

I bumped on to this little beauty seeing some liveries on flightsim,to. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=247

While I have had to cheat so far to fire her up using the co-pilot function, I need to look at the read me file!

The exterior model is top notch, the cockpit for freeware is good too.

Switchable external fuel tanks and arrestor hook , ideal for the carrier mods.

I will leave any reviewing to the expert across the pennines @Chock if it floats his boat!

17781632827988.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rob Richardson is superb.  Unfortunately his FSX site is down for some reason.

I hope he starts up again for MSFS.  I loved flying his Vampires and Meteors in FSX.

Last time I looked before the site went down he appeared to be working on a TSR2!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, Puddin said:

The exterior model is top notch, the cockpit for freeware is good too.

Switchable external fuel tanks and arrestor hook , ideal for the carrier mods.

I will leave any reviewing to the expert across the pennines @Chock if it floats his boat!

I was looking at the math equations for flight models in MSFS's SDK last night. I came away with the thought that we should all be very grateful, think twice before criticizing, and thank the heavens for developers. Especially freeware developers.

• Like 2

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Must check this out. Always had a soft spot for the Sea Hawk. One I modelled as a kid and I've seen a couple preserved at East Fortune (Scottish Museum of Flight) and Yeovilton (Fleet Air Arm Museum). One of the "transitional" carrier-borne aircraft, marking the switch from Prop to jet power.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

He just released his native F2H Banshee as well. Wonderful stuff and very generous.

• Like 1

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

Hm I need to make an account to see it, no thanks. I got way too many accounts already on random sites I rarely use.

Fudge it, I made one.

Edited by Tuskin38

I'm enjoying this a lot. 

With quite a few freeware aircraft I try them once and then chuck them away, but this is definitely next level. The brakes appear to be non existent though but perhaps I'm missing something. 

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Rob Richardson is superb.  Unfortunately his FSX site is down for some reason.

I hope he starts up again for MSFS.  I loved flying his Vampires and Meteors in FSX.

Last time I looked before the site went down he appeared to be working on a TSR2!

Most if not all of Rob's excellent aircraft are being uploaded tot he SOH site.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Does the dev plan on making this available to the community at large at flightsim.to or is it limited just for the SOH faction?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Love the Seahawk - always gravitate to that at East Fortune museum when I'm visiting although I notice in real life the paint work is a lot more matt. Will give this a whirl tomorrow.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

44 minutes ago, Donka said:

in real life the paint work is a lot more matt

True, hadn't considered that. Another one for you to work on😉

East Fortune should really be modelled as an active runway, even if it's only the currently active section west of the road (which is solely used for microlights nowadays).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

True, hadn't considered that. Another one for you to work on😉

East Fortune should really be modelled as an active runway, even if it's only the currently active section west of the road (which is solely used for microlights nowadays).

Not a bad shout given the Vulcan and Comet on display outside. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.