Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

Flight Planner

Can anyone recommend a good free flight planner for FSX? I used Nav 3 by Ted Wright for FS 2002 & 2004 and was satisfied with the program. To my knowledge he hasn't updated it for FSX.Jim

I downloaded and installed the free version you mention (at SeattleAvionics.com), but it seems to require a duat account and PW to use it(https://www.duat.com/). Since I am not a Pilot or Student, I could not get it to work. Any suggestions?Flt300z

What were you attempting to do? You only need a DUAT account to take advantage of the services it provides (weather briefing, filing flight plans, etc). I'm pretty sure Voyager should still function as a standalone flight planner without DUAT or DUATS configured. I'm fairly certain you shouldn't need an account. I could be wrong though, as I don't use the free version since I've purchased it.

In the first execution (after install of free version), it runs a GUI that requires you to enter your name and passord for DUAT. Since I dont have one, (and can't register for one, it requires a Pilot Certificate Number or Student Medical Number), so, I can't do the "next" in this GUI, and have to do "cancel". The program ends, and ask for the same when re-started. Oh well, like others, I am waiting for fsnavigator update one day soon.thanks anywayFlt300z

Bumping. Also looking for a planning tool. FSNAV used to be very convenient for MSFS series.

Guest gmark

Flt300z,If you read the help file it will tell you how to get past the DUAT login; then just enter a password. It really is quite a set of programs. The demos are very well done; the approach plate management is very slick. The good news is that the flight planner will output to MS (I assume FS9) - the bad news is that the freeware version will not. Requires license for the Express version - $99 USD or more for the full featured setup.gmark

>Hello>Flightsim Commander 8.0 is very good>also worth a look is Airplan, very cheap at $10.00>http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/airplan.htmMad dog, does Airplan support both FS9 and FSX? Does it have any suport forum? Does it work via WideFS?

HelloI do not know whether it supports FSX, It used to have a forum when it was a real world aviation planner but the author has closed the site since releasing it as shareware, support is by email only.Try the demo and see what you think, it is only $10.00 to registerif you like it

Guest wji

In my opinion, there is no better flightplanner than the one shipped with FSX. After creating the route, one can drag&drop the red course line anywhere to create a new waypoint. With Gerhard Berendt's flightplanconvert.zip converted FSX flightplans can be flown in FS9 (the better simulator)[/font size=3]