Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

CPU/GPU low load

I am new to ms2020 and after installing it I have a lot of trouble getting it to run right …

as in the load on my gpu and cpu is low and the system is slow and stuttering .

I am using vr , hp reverb g2 , RTX 3080 and i9 9700 .

the buildings I am seeing look melted , scenery stutters and has issues ( also with motion reprojection on ) and the load on my CPU’s is around 25 pct ….. max gpu load is around 80 ….. seems like there is a bottleneck somewhere but I can’t figure it out . Internet connection download is 77mb/sec , not mbit but mb , is around 600 mbit/sec.

is it a ms2020 server thing . I have had moments where it was very smooth and then all of a sudden it was a big mess again …..

22 minutes ago, remcosol said:

is it a ms2020 server thing . I have had moments where it was very smooth and then all of a sudden it was a big mess again …..

Could be... the servers have been flakey lately.

BTW.. do you mean Mbit/sec?   m= milli   M= Mega 

Bert

If you are having problems running it on a monitor too, then a hardware or configuration issue. A VR headset will reduce performance 75% (I'm guessing from my experience). 60 fps drops down to 15 with VR in my experience. By contrast Aerofly will run rings around MSFS in fps using VR. There is hardly any difference in fps using monitor or VR with Aerofly.

Last microsoft Q&A video and official postings indicate that Asobo/MSFS is working on major VR performance improvements. I expect running MSFS on a monitor will have a slight improvements soon, but VR  an enormous improvement (that's just my guess).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The problem lies in the openXR reprojection mode. It will limit your fps to either 90/45/30/22.5 depending on pc specs.

Problem is if i am running lets say 44.9 fps it will go down and lock to 30 fps , and thus i have cpu and gpu headroom that i can not use. Other option is turning of motion reprojection in openxr and get stutters.... it would be nice to end up somewhere in between....

On 10/2/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Could be... the servers have been flakey lately.

BTW.. do you mean Mbit/sec?   m= milli   M= Mega 

I would almost guarantee it's a sever or internet latency issue! 

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, remcosol said:

Problem is if i am running lets say 44.9 fps it will go down and lock to 30 fps , and thus i have cpu and gpu headroom that i can not use.

Not clear to me how that is a "problem".. having headroom that you cannot use gives you a more stable system.. which is good.

Always running at maximum (CPU or GPU) certainly gives you "all you paid for" and bragging rights, but not necessarily smoother flight.

Bert

It is , normally , it is headroom created by motion smoothing but it is not really headroom because it says it is cpu limited while it is only running on 45-50 pct . I can not increase any settings because it will then go to an even lower cap