Sign in to follow this  
EmileB

How to disable LINDA auto-load ?

I use LINDA V3.2.6 for P3D 64-bit with P3DV4.5HF3.  Currently LINDA loads automatically when I load P3D, even though the LINDA setting "Start GUI with Sim" is not ticked.  I would prefer to load LINDA manually when I need it.  Is there a way to stop it from loading automatically ?  I have located two different exe.xml files on my system but neither of those contain a launch entry for LINDA.EXE so I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Emile

You will need to do some additional manual renaming/editing of files to stop LINDA trying to load automatically. There are 2 elements to LINDA: the GUI and the LUA core. The LUA code is of minimum load to the system and can be stopped from running by clicking the Sync to SIM button and un-highlighting the orange box around the aircraft name.

To stop LINDA working completely you need to do some actions.  The tickbox stops the GUI loading via the [programs] line in fsuipcX.ini. To stop the LUA loading you need to rename the LINDA.LUA file to LINDA.luaold (or similar). Alternatively, you can edit ipcReady.LUA and delete/comment out the LINDA.LUA line.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks Andrew, commenting out the ipc.runlua command in ipcReady.lua fixed it.

Just to clarify : LINDA is a most useful utility that helps me a lot with writing my own simple Lua plug-ins as well as with debugging them.  In fact I have donated to Günther in the past and also made a minor contribution to the PMDG 777 lua plug-in at the time.  It's just that a couple of the hardware units I built for my modest rig are based on encoders that generate keystroke combinations, which LINDA can't process.  That's why I assign functions through FSUIPC.  Do keep up the good work though !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg