Sign in to follow this  
Guest d.lahrman

Found a neat jet for FSX ...

Not me, but I'm hoping some one will step up tp the plate with thier billfold and ley us know.

Bought it a few days ago. There's a nice feature you can leave only PFD on and it saves a lot of resource for FSX, particularly in VC. Needs FM tweaking yet. My best solution so far is Eeaglesoft's Hawker 1.5 minus their PFD/MFD. Replaced it with the stock from Learjet, and MFD from Integrated Simavionics. Also have added the popup in 2D panel. Flying in VC over Seatle, London at Scenery very dense, Autogen dense (modded), AS6.5 on 2nd PC, FSRealTime; at 24 FPS locked (occasionally drop to 19 if clouds are low and dense scenery airport ahead, but really rare, yeh), also using VoxATC, or built-in ATC. will fly VATSIM one of these days. Now, finally, it's getting flyable and interesting to explore FSX's world.Edit: GF7900GTX, Core2 Extreme, 2GB RAM.

I picked it up last November or so. What would you like to know about it? I haven't flown it too much since December. Not knowing what a real jet is like to fly, I can't really comment on its flight model, other than to say that it takes off, flies along pretty well, and lands ok. I haven't played with the autopilot too much. It works. You can see out the windows. The model looks ok to me. It comes with wing views, but I never use them, so I can't comment on their quality. The panel isn't a complete 100% fidelity match of the real system, but it works. Actually, the panel is quite nice. If I remember correctly, I think I reset the eye point so I could get a better view of the panel and out the window. It takes a few frames compared to default or Carenado planes, but it is flyable even on very weak systems.I'd like to see somebody do some paints for it. I bought the version from CLS (the author). They aren't very good quality in my opinion. I was thinking of doing some based on the images from the Eclipse web site, but I haven't gotten around to it. Plus, I'm a rank amateur when it comes to repainting anyway. But I think it does come with a kit.Overall, it's not a Dreamfleet A36 in visual quality, but if you are looking for a VLJ, there isn't much competition out there. And as you can see from the images, it's not too bad.My favorite thing to do with it is get down on the carpet and weave between the trees. :-) Excellent sense of speed when you are down low.(That is something I wonder about. When these paint kits have half the fuselage in one place, the other half someplace else, and the tail someplace else, how do you get the various pieces to line up? Guess I'll stick to scenery design.)So, should I look for a job as a reviewer? ;-)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest d.lahrman

I bought the VLJ a few days ago and do not disagree with anything anyone before me has said but I would like to add a couple comments. As for aircraft performance, the VLJ (based on the recently certified Eclipse) has what it takes for large airport departures and, at the same time, short runway abilities for practically any paved location you might want to land on. It also has decent range but this is a little longer than any numbers I've seen stated for any real VLJ. IMO it is the perfect mix between GA and airliners. The sim's cockpit is not very sophisticated as far as controls go but keep in mind that this aircraft was designed to be flown by a single pilot so these things will most likely be kept simple in the real world also. If you're looking for a plane that you will need an extensive manual and checklist just to start the engines, this ain't it. I do like the GC of this sim although it does bring down the FPS just a fraction. It shows everything you need without having to pull up the GPS, map, or radio stack. One bug which Just Flight's customer support is blaming on FSX, the aircraft's landing/taxi lights do not light the ground. I think I've read comments about this with other aircraft but I don't have any problems with my other 3rd-party planes. It's not a showstopper though. Overall I enjoy this plane and I think it will be my primary for quite a while. BTW...where's the v-speeds they say are in the manual? I didn't see them.