Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

REX 6 Weather Force

8 hours ago, David Mills said:

There's something I don't understand. The Asobo schedule of upcoming bug fixes and future updates clearly says there's no plan to allow third-party developers access to the weather engine. Yet REX markets products to do exactly that. What am I missing?

There is no association between the two. REX appears to be flying IFR/IMC to provide what they are attempting to provide.  And worthy of mention is that the developers of Unreal Weather are climbing the same slope.  Note also that Asobo has also ignored long standing GPS avionics development.  Kudos to WT for what they have accomplished.  We are however as a community not overall able at this time to experience the GPS avionics we have seen in previous sims for several years (GNS/GTN).  Embarrassing to say the least.  Right up there with the quality level of MSFS ATC and ATIS/AWOS:  "temp 10, dew point: 13". OMG SEOF!

Guess the assumption is if temp vs dew point cannot be visually displayed if does not have importance in their flight simulation.  It is then only a credibility issue!  DUH!

It is not the only such issue....  Some of the other are only "generic this, generic that!".  When ever in aviation has anyone heard reference to "generic".  More EOF! 

I know, I know. it's only a game!  Just a generic game with random elements!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I personally stopped using REX and continued using Unrealwx. For me, the experience is the same except I don't use an external client with Unreal. With that being said, I feel like I'm one of the few who tends to switch back and forth, or atleast I'm one of the few that admits it hahaha. Below FL180 in the US, I prefer to use Unrealwx, but above FL180 I'll shift to the MSFS Live weather system. I'm still hoping Jorg has something up his sleeve for us with the weather accuracy. Blows my mind I can see every square inch of earth using their Bing maps, but some how I'll load up the sim to find a clear day when it's totally overcast outside. Just blows my mind we have excelled in some aspecs of the sim and regressed in others. So much technology out there that should allow me to practically see the same cloud above my house in the sim, but then I'm again, I'm not a programmer so it's just me living in my fantasy world haha.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU