Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

MSFS Gets Stuck Loading

I am finding that MSFS appears to get stuck, either loading the game or when loading the flight - the blue loading bar gets to about 50% of the way across and then it seems to hang

It occurs more often after I have changed scenery via addon linker, but if I then reload the game, with the same scenery selected it then works the second time, so it is not due to a bad scenery that will not load at all.

Does anyone else experience this too?

How long are you waiting to see if it becomes "unstuck"?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Longer than it should take . 5-10 minutes. I know this is too long as once I have ended task, the next time I try it only takes a few minutes

Yes,  everytime I switch default airplanes and/or payware planes  make changes in addons linker....  also I delete the content configuration ( it reconfigures itself at startup) when i make changes, but does not to seem to make a difference when I start program.... most of time it takes a few extra minutes to startup the blue line stalls at 50 percent but the disk light is lit and active and the program will continue to program menu. Now after selecting plane and location and press FLY the blue bar will stop at 50 percent and I then check the services page and it will show msfs2020 has stopped responding and then I press end task.   If I restart immediately, usually the sim works as advertised.  Takes the enjoyment out of sim every day I try to use it.   Also I check the events log and it always shows failing app is the flight sim executable.  

Ymmv

Steve

Empty your community folder or rename it.  I the sim starts normally then you have an addon problem. 

Edited by remilton

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

I used to have the same problem. For me, I found that it had to do with some repaints that I had installed. Maybe that might help you.

I had this situation recently, repeatedly stalling about %90 on loading. Turned off recent addons in addon linker and no joy. Tried re-booting PC etc. no change.

Defeated, I left it till the following day and now it is all good. All addons switched on. My hunch it maybe a server/cloud issue.

There's a complete post about this here:

Look here first before taking more drastic measures or looking for a conflicting addon in your CF.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ctl alt delete - boot the sim in safe mode - exit sim - boot in normal mode - load flight

Works every time for me.  

My system freezes if I try to load 2 of the Deluxe airports (KORD and HECA) or 3 of the Premium airports (KDEN, EGLL, and KSFO). Very strange. I don't have any third party scenery, and this even happens with an empty Community folder.

Al

Edited by ark

On 10/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Greazer said:

Go to Developer mode. Set in ON and save settings. Then set it OFF and save settings. Try again to start your flight.

Didn't work for me, sorry.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

On 10/4/2021 at 9:43 AM, pobee10 said:

Ctl alt delete - boot the sim in safe mode - exit sim - boot in normal mode - load flight

Works every time for me.  

Usually that works - but not this time, despite repeated attempts, repairing the app, deleting and reinstalling the app.  I'm getting very frustrated with the time it is taking to try and find a solution.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Installed MSFS Jan 15 , worked for 2 days, then it started freezing after 70% in the  'Fly now' screen.

Tried everything: Rest all to defaults, deleting Community folder, reinstalling all my drivers... , changing to Windows mode

nothing nothing helped, then yesterday I read about the 'Hosts'issue

This fixed it for me 5 min job: After reading your post, I went to the FAQ of the mod on flightsim.to and followed the following: App should restore to bing map when it close, if not, please delete The following two lines in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts  file: are to be deleted.:

“127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.ne t”

“127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.ne t”

Rebooted my machine, logged into MSFS 2020, and no issues with connections to the server, or being switched to offline 

this is the Hosts file :

# For example: # #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself. #    127.0.0.1       localhost #    ::1             localhost

I think the original Hosts file is without these 2 lines,  maybe they were added when I tried to change the Sim to show

Google Maps.  So I will think twice before trying that again, anyone else has had this issue .....?