Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to remove ASX320 reg # from your plane?

I have tried going into the customization under the aircraft menu and have it set to OFF for "SHOW TAIL NUMBER" but going back to the option again, it switched back to ON.

image.png

image.png

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Click in blank box,and then hit delete key.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

But then it will affect all other planes. I just want to be able to turn off the tail number for this particular plane only and not affect others.

Btw, clicking on the box and hitting delete, still shows it for me. I'm upset that Asobo still hasn't fixed this annoying bug of these settings not getting properly saved!

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes, I followed similar (but more convoluted) advice in another thread which didn't work either.  I have "Show Tail Number" to OFF, and yet my old N number shows on the A320 and others (I'm ok with it not showing period). 

I'm thinking of crossing myself thrice, turning around counter-clockwise twice and putting my finger in a light socket, and then trying again...

@Asobo are you reading all this for your update cycle that concentrates on bug fixes?

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

BUMP

Download Notepad++ then install its Hex editor plugin in plugins admin then tick Hex-editor so as to see the hex version of aircraft.cfg and 00 all tail number between the " "      for example A320 neo  edit  line  atc_id = "ASX320" as hex  "000000000000" Also remember to hex edit out the same way for the other A320 addon aircraft  for example from  "."  to look like "00" since the ASX320 is now gone from the main aircraft.cfg file.

Also you might be able to just edit the A320 add on aircraft.cfg like the A320 neo example then edit it directly as "000000000000" bypassing editing the main A320 Neo file. Haven't tried that as the stock looks better without it. For example as notepad++ in text mode just fill the brackets with ASX320 then select hex editor save and edit in hex as "000000000000"

Future updates to sim may fix this quick patch.

Might work with other Aircraft addons.

Edited by 40track
Added info

On 10/4/2021 at 11:04 AM, captain420 said:

I have tried going into the customization under the aircraft menu and have it set to OFF for "SHOW TAIL NUMBER" but going back to the option again, it switched back to ON.

image.png

image.png

Found the proper fix.

Hex editing wont work as after putting back the tail number or changing it reverts back to ASX320 and sticks.

Fix was in forum. So thankyou to that poster on the Flight Simulator Forum.

Use notepad++   goto panel.cfg in a320-neo folder

Edit painting00=   line in [Vpainting01] to look like below.

[VPainting01]
size_mm                = 2048,512
texture                = $RegistrationNumber
location             = exterior
painting00=Registration/Registration.html?display=none 

Works with other aircraft using the display=none edit that have the panel.cfg file.

Also make sure Aircraft mods in community folder in aircraft.cfg use

atc_id = "" ; tail number 

with no spaces between brackets.

Edited by 40track
Added info

thanks, will give that a try!

• Like 1