Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Help! Lost my FSX.exe!

Be advised...uninstalling FS Force 2 or Wheelcam will delete your FSX.exe I just lost mine today. I tried to replace the exe from a backup of the installation files but now I get a Error ID = 25 (null) when I try to start FSX.HELP!ARGH!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Be advised...uninstalling FS Force 2 or Wheelcam will delete>your FSX.exe I just lost mine today. I tried to replace the>exe from a backup of the installation files but now I get a>Error ID = 25 (null) when I try to start FSX.>>HELP!>>ARGH!>Best thing you can do is reinstall using the repair option. If you have the disk space, backup your add-ons first. You'll have to reactivate, but as long as you haven't changed out your HW that should be no issue, unless you run into the eror 1722 issue, in which case you'll have to run the resetsdl function MS released. You can get the utility and instructions for use here.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080/en-us

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

oh my gosh....I gotta reinstall the whole thing?Argh forget it... I'll wait for SP1 I'll have to reinstall for that anyway.....jeeeese fricken programs hijacking the exe...I hate that!knsfkljdsfkldsgdflhf!ahhh, thanks for the help anyway!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ahhhhhh poop!I tried to uninstall from the DVD 1 and my PC rebooted!!! NOOOOO I had a heck of time installing this if I remember...had to do the copy to the HDD thing... never though I'd have problems removing it...Just great...ok I got that fixed whew...but now, new problem...I think uninstalling FSX messed up FS9... Ge Pro doesn't work anymore, something about the registry for FS9 missing ARGH!! Jeeese why so difficult to uninstall FSX???

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>ahhhhhh poop!>>I tried to uninstall from the DVD 1 and my PC rebooted!!!>NOOOOO I had a heck of time installing this if I>remember...had to do the copy to the HDD thing... never>though I'd have problems removing it...>>>Just great...>>ok I got that fixed whew...>>but now, new problem...>>I think uninstalling FSX messed up FS9... Ge Pro doesn't work>anymore, something about the registry for FS9 missing ARGH!!>Jeeese why so difficult to uninstall FSX???No, don't uninstall, in fact you won't be able to, as you found because of the missing file. Use the repair option, if it's still available to you!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Actually I got FSX to uninstall using DVD1...I had to disable my virus scanner and my DVD burning software in the system tray...All my awards and medals are gone though - oh well I had nearly all of them...I'll just wait for SP1...I backed up my FSX.cfg file too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |