Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michaelvg1

FS Autostart

Guest Michaelvg1

I tried installing the FS Autostart. It appears to be from 2004. When I followed the instructions and clicked on the Services button, I received a Code 5 error. So I decided to remove it. I wish there was something else out there with explanations on how to use it.Any tips?

Why didn't you ask your question in the FSAutoStart/FS9 Configurator Forum on this site?

You may try doing a search in the fsautostart forum here at avsim or on the web for fsautostart error codes. If you have build 11 I think it is you may be able to find the patch that brings it up to build 12 which may help. I have it running in Vista without any problems so it does work.There are other programs similar to fsautostart that end processes as well, but can't think of them at the moment. End All or something? Ian.

Guest Stoopy

BIG BIG BIG 10-4 on "SmartClose"!!!!!!!What a fine program and worth it's weight in gold. Also great for fixing problems with other programs too. Solved a TrackIR problem in CFS3 for me, and also corrects a problem on th'kids computer with his games conflicting with some background process.EXCELLENT TOOL.

Guest jshyluk

EndItAll, which is actually up to EndItAll 2. It's freeware, and you can Google to find it. Although EndItAll has a terribly ominous-sounding name, it is also effective for shutting down unwanted programs.

Just as a word of warning. I tried 'Smartclose' which claims to switch back your programs WITHOUT re-booting.It switched everything back on EXCEPT my anti-virus gaurd!Be warned.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Michaelvg1

Ok. Thanks for the Tips. I will investigate further. Do these progams have the capability of only working when I open the FSX program. In other words when I turn on the computer, everything is normal, but then whe nI hit FSX Shortcut, it activates and temporarily shuts all the useless programs down.I have been using the task manager, but it's tedious and I don't know what everything is. Is there a list out there with all the VISTA start up programs...