Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

Best immersive sound for the sim..

So i found out that AirPods Pro with the Dolby Atmos from Microsoft Store is the best audio i ever had.. Cant explain exactly how but you can hear the noises from the back of the airplane.. Anyways i just want to share it, hope you like it also.. Dont forget to turn on the noise cancelling..

• Like 1

I saw the Dolby Atmos app from the MS Store, but it said it was only a trial Do you have to purchase this in order to have it permanently?

You have to purchase it but it is worth it if you use headphones. 

• Like 2

I recommend the Atmos App for all headphones users. 20$ well spent, as MSFS fully supports spacial audio.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

You will always get a slightly better sound quality when connecting via cable rather than Bluetooth though, especially usb if your headphones have a connection. If you are going to spend the money on the app then you will want it to be as good as it can be. 

I use Corsair Virtuoso Dolby Atmos headset with the atmos app and the soundscape is stunning.  I can also fire it through Samsung hk850 atmos sound bar it's really impressive compared to other sims.

Careful!, I purchased Atmos but can not used it with Mixed Reality.  Mixed Reality automatically switches over to Windows Sonic and there are no options to use anything else with a WMR headset.  I spoke to a Microsoft tech who confirmed this.  If anyone has found a workaround to this, please let me know.

LouP

18 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

So i found out that AirPods Pro with the Dolby Atmos from Microsoft Store is the best audio i ever had.. Cant explain exactly how but you can hear the noises from the back of the airplane.. Anyways i just want to share it, hope you like it also.. Dont forget to turn on the noise cancelling..

Link please.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, LouP said:

Careful!, I purchased Atmos but can not used it with Mixed Reality.  Mixed Reality automatically switches over to Windows Sonic and there are no options to use anything else with a WMR headset.  I spoke to a Microsoft tech who confirmed this.  If anyone has found a workaround to this, please let me know.

LouP

This explains why I couldn’t get it to work 😞

Kind of cheesy to advertise and sell something without being clear that you can't use it with their software.  I got caught, too.

LouP

Edited by LouP

Don't you need a dedicated sound card to do Atmos?  Or is that a thing of the past?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It works with the sound built into my Z390 motherboard.  It sounds absolutely great when I can use it but as soon as the Windows Mixed reality portal is launched the sound switches over to Windows Sonic.  Windows Sonic is still supposed to be spatial sound but it seems lacking compared to Atmos.

LouP

17 hours ago, 6297J said:

You will always get a slightly better sound quality when connecting via cable rather than Bluetooth though, especially usb if your headphones have a connection. If you are going to spend the money on the app then you will want it to be as good as it can be. 

That's correct for USB, however BT is better than a standard audio jack (by far).

9 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Link please.

The Dolby App is available in the Windows Store. There's also a free trial.

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Don't you need a dedicated sound card to do Atmos?  Or is that a thing of the past?

No, Atmos is pure software. It's better than the hardware solutions that came before it, as in you also get height information. Hover the cam below the plane and you'll hear it's above you.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB