Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Poller

FS2crew fbw a32nx voice recognition vs PBE in msfs

Hi.

I am experiencing issues with my voice recognition in fs2crew FBW a32nx version. Its works perfectly in PBE...... but in a32nx it rarely understands what i say and i have to repeat myself many times or move to button control which is very annoying since i fly parts of the flight in VR..

I'm using LifeChat LX-300.

Please advise.

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

Did you train the window native voice recognition to/with your voice? That is recommended first.

Make sure ambient noise is not to loud.

Even after that the voice recognition is sometimes hit and miss. Very often I have to repeat the sentence and start yelling. The co-pilot seems hard of hearing....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I trained and refrained my voice several times. It's not the case. I fly with zero ambient noise and with my headset on.
Something weird is going on because in pbe it works perfectly. With the fbw version I am forced to use button control😒. Annoying especially when flying vr. The assist is on, I need to repeat myself several times and rarely it understands me....

Edited by Jonathan Poller

Jonathan Poller

Are you using the PTT key in FBW... check that the Red X over the keyboard icon is not visible.

You could also try using open mic mode.

I suspect your issue is not voice per se, but rather in the Push to talk key assignment.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Are you using the PTT key in FBW... check that the Red X over the keyboard icon is not visible.

You could also try using open mic mode.

I suspect your issue is not voice per se, but rather in the Push to talk key assignment.

I tried both the open mic and ptt. I definitely prefer ptt which is working great with pbe, but in fbw version it's so hard to get it to understand me. And my spoken English is fluent....

Jonathan Poller

I am positive....

I have had p3d v5 installed and used many fs2crew products with no issues with it until lately uninstalled and currently only msfs (after factory setting and reinstalling win 10)

So to me it happens only in this fs2crew version.

Jonathan Poller

54 minutes ago, Jonathan Poller said:

I am positive....

I have had p3d v5 installed and used many fs2crew products with no issues with it until lately uninstalled and currently only msfs (after factory setting and reinstalling win 10)

So to me it happens only in this fs2crew version.

You've read this?

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-voice-control-setup-help/

2 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Brian
Yes, I did all that as troubleshooting after first time experiencing this. Moreover, this wouldn't work on pbe as well if if I wouldn't do this troubeshooting, right? Including clean Uninstall and reinstal of fbw and fs2crew and pbe. No help.
Should I open a ticket?

Jonathan Poller

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Poller said:

Hi Brian
Yes, I did all that as troubleshooting after first time experiencing this. Moreover, this wouldn't work on pbe as well if if I wouldn't do this troubeshooting, right? Including clean Uninstall and reinstal of fbw and fs2crew and pbe. No help.
Should I open a ticket?

I would be answering the ticket, so it wouldn't make any difference.

As I said, your scenario makes no sense PBE and FBW are internally the same.  Same speech recognition system.

Just to throw something out, try it without PBE running.

Also make sure you didn't somehow engage hard or soft mute in FBW.

It almost sounds like maybe that's your issue... ensure hard/soft mute not engaged.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, byork said:

I would be answering the ticket, so it wouldn't make any difference.

As I said, your scenario makes no sense PBE and FBW are internally the same.  Same speech recognition system.

Just to throw something out, try it without PBE running.

Also make sure you didn't somehow engage hard or soft mute in FBW.

It almost sounds like maybe that's your issue... ensure hard/soft mute not engaged.

So today I decided to capture a video showing my experience.

However, Murphy had boarded the flight and in this flight it was working flawlessly!..... both PBE and FBW version recognized my voice accurately for the first time.

The only thing I changed was using the home airbus FBW a32nx livery. is it possible that it is a livery issue?? I mean, all my previous attempts were on custom liveries downloaded from flightsim.to. I'll complete this flight, then make another one with a livery and check back here

Jonathan Poller

8 hours ago, Jonathan Poller said:

So today I decided to capture a video showing my experience.

However, Murphy had boarded the flight and in this flight it was working flawlessly!..... both PBE and FBW version recognized my voice accurately for the first time.

The only thing I changed was using the home airbus FBW a32nx livery. is it possible that it is a livery issue?? I mean, all my previous attempts were on custom liveries downloaded from flightsim.to. I'll complete this flight, then make another one with a livery and check back here

Glad you sorted it 😉  Or so it seems...

We had reports of some corrupt 3rd party liveries inducing odd behavior in the FBW.

I'm not sure how that could affect voice recognition, but who knows.

Moral of the story:  If you ever have a weird issue, use a default FBW livery.