Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

Will 3080Ti maintain 30FPS at 4k Ultra setting?

So that you have both the C1 and G1, are there any differences between the 2 panels in term of quality, color? I heard that the whites on the G1 can have different colored tints to it due to the viewing angle. I plan on getting an LG, but not sure if I should go for the G1 or C1. If the C1 has pretty much the same quality as the G1, I will get that instead. I really have no need for the flush mount on the wall.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So that you have both the C1 and G1, are there any differences between the 2 panels in term of quality, color? I heard that the whites on the G1 can have different colored tints to it due to the viewing angle. I plan on getting an LG, but not sure if I should go for the G1 or C1. If the C1 has pretty much the same quality as the G1, I will get that instead. I really have no need for the flush mount on the wall.

Well I mean I personally can’t see any difference in the quality, but I am by no means a TV aficionado. There probably is better quality on the G1, and movies on it are outstanding, but for msfs the C1 is outstanding as it is. Worth the extra cash, if only used for MSFS? To me, no. 

• Like 2

My CPU will be roughly 15% slower at the same clockspeed than your upcoming I7 11700K in single-threaded performance.  I run my I9-9900K at 4.8Ghz because that's all I need.  I run all sliders at Ultra, 8x8 SSAA, 16xAF, LOD-O 300, LOD-T 300, and Render Scaling at 130, on a 3440x1440 display with vsync on at 30FPS.  

In the B787-10 Heavy Division mod, with frames vsync at 30 fps, I'm almost always totally fine.  Today however, at FSDT's KORD in pre-dawn light, rain and t-storms, at the gate, the GPU for the first time hit 99%, VRAM only 10.2.  But that is the absolute maximum I've seen anywhere.  Typically GPU is hovering around 60-80% utilization, CPU main thread 50-80%.  So since frames dropped from solid 30 to the low to mid 20's due to the pegged GPU I lowered Render Scale to 100 (so 3440x1440, not 4K), and GPU use went down to 92% or so at the gate, so back to stable 30 FPS.  With your new CPU the 3080Ti will be fine, though you saw what RS of 130 did at that gate, but as I say had really never happened.  I think it was ground level thin clouds that really seem to stress the GPU.  For me, when I've looked at this plane over very complex areas it's not uncommon to see a frame rate in high 30's to low 40's but again that is at the settings described.  Add in PMDG birds and hard to say but I would expect the same or a little worse. 

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 hours ago, Republic3D said:

...... And it might not be as good when it comes to work, as I work from home. Hmmm 🤔

That would be the bat cave, right? 

• Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I have a BX and a CX and, unless I am looking at both side-by-side, on specific conditions, the different is not noticeable. I assume the same is true for the C1/G1.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

14 hours ago, Paul J said:

Aaahhh...  cabinet maker as well as a sim pilot!   

Well - this LG (43UD79b) is a 22" tall screen, Stu, the base does have a 5 - ~10 degree tilt, but no height adjustment. On a 30" tall table the bottom of the screen is 3-1/4" from the table. My seat (from a Nissan Versa) is ~19", so it's not bad - I've used the monitor without the stand, but that makes it not very flexible when you're fiddling with speakers and the like. I does the job for me, at a full 4k, and useable at 4k. However - it doesn't hold a candle to the LG UltraGear that Ian recommended.

pj

Thank you again, Paul. Yes, you'll find me most weekends covered in man glitter from various woodwork tools. Just a hobbyist but you can turn out good quality work with good tools and patience.

So, in total, from desktop  to monitor top is 25-1/4" which is 642mm in UK money. That's very helpful. Cheers.

Just looking at your location, my last visit to Ontario was back in 1989, I stayed in Ajax with my old neighbours who had emmagrated there. Me and my friend hired a car and drove down into America via Niagra falls and ended up in Virginia. I remember having a beer in a bar at Virginia Beach and skimming through the car hire documents. One entry had my eyes widen to the size of saucers: This car is not to be driven outside the state of Ontario. It was a very, very careful drive back, I can tell you!

12 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Get a monitor with vesa, then just get a vesa desk mount off Amazon for £30-40 ish. No need for monitor stand getting in the way then 

Thanks Ian. I'll look into what you suggest.

When I've purchased this system, I'll probably be about as popular as King Herod at a baby sitting convention, with my good lady.

Any chance I can move in with either of you, Ian an Paul......... Just until the dust settles?

Stu

Edited by Bunchy
  • Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

6 hours ago, Noel said:

My CPU will be roughly 15% slower at the same clockspeed than your upcoming I7 11700K in single-threaded performance.  I run my I9-9900K at 4.8Ghz because that's all I need.  I run all sliders at Ultra, 8x8 SSAA, 16xAF, LOD-O 300, LOD-T 300, and Render Scaling at 130, on a 3440x1440 display with vsync on at 30FPS.  

In the B787-10 Heavy Division mod, with frames vsync at 30 fps, I'm almost always totally fine.  Today however, at FSDT's KORD in pre-dawn light, rain and t-storms, at the gate, the GPU for the first time hit 99%, VRAM only 10.2.  But that is the absolute maximum I've seen anywhere.  Typically GPU is hovering around 60-80% utilization, CPU main thread 50-80%.  So since frames dropped from solid 30 to the low to mid 20's due to the pegged GPU I lowered Render Scale to 100 (so 3440x1440, not 4K), and GPU use went down to 92% or so at the gate, so back to stable 30 FPS.  With your new CPU the 3080Ti will be fine, though you saw what RS of 130 did at that gate, but as I say had really never happened.  I think it was ground level thin clouds that really seem to stress the GPU.  For me, when I've looked at this plane over very complex areas it's not uncommon to see a frame rate in high 30's to low 40's but again that is at the settings described.  Add in PMDG birds and hard to say but I would expect the same or a little worse. 

Thanks Noel. It looks like the system choice I have will be just fine.

My thoughts are now on whether to go 43" 4k or 32" 4k. No other reason that space. I will have to make new wall cabinets to allow for the extra height of the 43" monitor. I'm lucky enough to be able to do that but I may have to rework all of my wall cabinets to match.

Anyway, woodwork/cabinetry is off topic but I really appreciate your input.

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

5 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Thanks Noel. It looks like the system choice I have will be just fine.

My thoughts are now on whether to go 43" 4k or 32" 4k. No other reason that space. I will have to make new wall cabinets to allow for the extra height of the 43" monitor. I'm lucky enough to be able to do that but I may have to rework all of my wall cabinets to match.

Anyway, woodwork/cabinetry is off topic but I really appreciate your input.

Stu

FWIW Stu, ultra wide and curved is all good, for me.  I really feel the wrap around nature of curved is an ideal fit for flight simulation on a single screen, and the screen I'm using is the first time I've gone to curved, and I wouldn't want it any other way having used both aspect ratios. 

I haven't followed this whole thread but I understand true G-sync displays give you the most freedom for dialing in maximum 'synced' frame rate and certainly w/ my system I could get away everywhere pushing that up to say 38 or 40 in the 787-10 HD but my display won't allow that, so def try to find a true G-sync enabled display.  Fortunately locked vsync'd 30 leaves me without wanting as I have totally smooth and stutter-free flight everywhere in anything, though as I say w/ G-sync should be even better as is absolutely doable, at least now w/ the default planes.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I agree with Noel too.    I should mention, Stu - my 43" LG is discontinued for a while now - and it wouldn't be my choice at this time, given the availability of g-sync, curved and ultrawide. I am in a 'happy' place with it, though - not seeing any tearing, stuttering, hesitations or other anomalies. Over the years, I've found that one becomes very accustomed to whatever monitor is used - it effectively disappears, and the job at hand takes over: the landing light switch; ATC: the barometer setting: the next VOR frequency or intercept, etc... In the case of the using a TripleHead2Go back in 2011, I had three 1280 x 1024's jammed together with a three-foot chunk of 1" corner molding to align them. I used a circular saw to get rid of the heavy inside vertical edges, and it 'became' a single monitor in my head. 
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlQ_dBZJFY0Aqbe5M?e=zKWzXe

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

10 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

That would be the bat cave, right? 

Haha. Yes. 😅

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

worth a watch before considering OLED for a PC Monitor - its not risk free basically. 

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

worth a watch before considering OLED for a PC Monitor - its not risk free basically. 

MicroLED is coming but is uber expensive, but doesn't have this issue.  I'm holding out for when they are affordable!

https://www.pcgamer.com/microled-displays-are-heading-for-ces-2021-but-not-to-your-pc/

Noel

I concur with the vid.  At first my 55" LG curved OLED ($6k) was utterly fantastic but pretty well trashed with burnin after a year and a half.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

45 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Just use a black background, and another monitor as your main one. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just use a black background, and another monitor as your main one. 

just thought id post for awareness

Linus issue was mainly to do with borders, and the fact he was dividing his screen into quarters - its also worth noting he had his brightness at only 50%.

Personally I wouldn't buy a OLED for a dedicated PC screen monitor, you will probably be ok with a console as it's likely to be used less often for gaming - but as a PC desktop, that's a lot of money vs risk. 

I come from a Plasma now OLED background so screen burn in has always been something I consider. Right now my Old Panny plasma is used mainly for Zwift in my gym, but it's not used that often so (touch wood) its still ok after all these years. 

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir