Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

SimUpdate 6 beta has started

Looking forward to this update, esp. fixed aliased menus and ingame panels in VR. That is really annoying when using charts.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Dont you love it went someone quote and take 1/2 page up with what we have already read and add a one line reply.....🙄

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Dont you love it went someone quote and take 1/2 page up with what we have already read and add a one reply.....🙄

Lol

Yes!

• Like 8

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Looking forward to this update, esp. fixed aliased menus and ingame panels in VR. That was really annoying when using charts.

Agree. Frist, I was under the impression it's something the chart/map providers (FSKneeboard and friends) got wrong and asked them, but after seeing the same issue with all such programs I realized it must have been broken by the core sim.

Looking forward to the fix.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

- Fixed a bug that prevented Live/AI aircrafts lights from showing

Hopefully this means I can fly on VatSim again at night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmb said:

Agree. Frist, I was under the impression it's something the chart/map providers (FSKneeboard and friends) got wrong and asked them, but after seeing the same issue with all such programs I realized it must have been broken by the core sim.

Me too. I use Navigraph charts and they‘re a real pixel fest at the moment.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

so can the testers reveal if something was fixed in SU6 or not because of the NDA charade? 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, RobJC said:

Fixed jetways not spawning in some cases

I wonder if this is fixing the jetway LOD issue introduced in SU5?  Seems like it could be and I’ve seen that addon developers don’t seem to be doing fixes for this issue themselves so perhaps they’re waiting for this?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 10/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Drumcode said:

so can the testers reveal if something was fixed in SU6 or not because of the NDA charade? 

Charade? Everyone involved with a game's development and testing must sign a NDA. It isn't something MS are doing specifically for this, to cover something up.

• Upvote 1

Love charades!  Ok, first syllable sounds like *points to glass of water*....second syllable sounds like *points to dashing fedora on head*.  Again, first syllable sounds like *points to heavy steel anvil on table*, second syllable like *points to large rodent scampering across the kitchen tile*...

Seriously as annoying as it might be if you play the game you agree to the rules and the rules of alpha and beta testing almost always include an NDA.  When you leak and are caught you forfeit the right to test again.  Kind of like breaking a contractual agreement to repay a large sum of money....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badgenes said:

Love charades!  Ok, first syllable sounds like *points to glass of water*....second syllable sounds like *points to dashing fedora on head*.  Again, first syllable sounds like *points to heavy steel anvil on table*, second syllable like *points to large rodent scampering across the kitchen tile*...

Seriously as annoying as it might be if you play the game you agree to the rules and the rules of alpha and beta testing almost always include an NDA.  When you leak and are caught you forfeit the right to test again.  Kind of like breaking a contractual agreement to repay a large sum of money....

Though I was just saying (someplace else) it seems like there is not really all that much to actually "test" if you read the release notes.

Since this update seems like 90% percent bugfixes' it appears almost  as if the only thing to really say is "Yes, working as expected now". or "No, still not working for me, for some reason".

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

25 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Though I was just saying (someplace else) it seems like there is not really all that much to actually "test" if you read the release notes.

Since this update seems like 90% percent bugfixes' it appears almost  as if the only thing to really say is "Yes, working as expected now". or "No, still not working for me, for some reason".

Thats a little bit simplified. If testing would be that easy Asobo could do it itself.

Fixing a known bug can easlly trigger something else to break.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Thats a little bit simplified

a little bit very much even. 

WorkingTitle have said their G1000 NXi needs to be updated and a new version will release at the same time with SU6 final. it is not just "bugfixes" but also technical changes that also need to be tested and require changes in 3rd party addons. just one example.

"not really all that much to actually "test" reminds me of the famous quote from Sir Stanley Hooker's memoirs. in his job interview with Rolls Royce aircraft engines the interviewer made this remark about him: "not much of an engineer" 😀

"He retired from BAE in 1967 but came out of retirement four years later in 1971 to rescue Rolls-Royce from bankruptcy and successfully introduce the RB211 engine which became the platform for future Rolls-Royce engines and the success they are today. Sir Stanley Hooker was knighted in 1974 for his contribution to aero engine design and his roll in saving Rolls-Royce. he published his autobiography “Not much of an engineer” the title of which was a quip by the intimidating Hives at his lack of engineering qualifications during his interview at Rolls-Royce!"

https://zerowest.watch/sir-stanley-hooker/

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

16 minutes ago, turbomax said:

WorkingTitle have said their G1000 NXi needs to be updated and a new version will release at the same time with SU6 final. it is not just "bugfixes" but also technical changes that also need to be tested and require changes in 3rd party addons. just one example.

Fascinating......

And how does a non-developer, average user "test" any of that now? 🤨

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5