Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The one thing I miss most in P3D/FSX that's not in MSFS

Ability to use Radar Contact. I think I miss this more than anything else, as the current ATC is a complete disaster. GSX, AIG, NGX and T7. I can live without all the rest.

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Chaseplane and the Eaglesoft Citation X

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, kiwikat said:

A camera system that worked for 25 years. It wasn't flashy or customizable but at least we didn't have to stare at the top of our planes every flight and barely see the ground due to the angle of the camera and the plane being in the way.

Out of all the things to break... good job Microsobo.

I'm not sure if you're referring to 'slew' mode in MSFS. If you are, have you tried using the drone mode in MSFS instead (from the cockpit press the Insert key)? 

Once in drone mode:
w, a, s, d = move the view (drone's) forward, left, back, right)
r, f = up/downwards
Numlock 4 and 6 = yaw
c = toggle switch to control your plane (not the drone)

Edited by bofhlusr
  • Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

World of AI is a biggie for me.   Airports filled with realistic airliners and flights.  I think that's the #1 thing for me.

I also miss EditVoicePack, BayTower RV7, GSX, Real Air Lancair...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alexander Alonso

24 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

I'm not sure if you're referring to 'slew' mode in MSFS. If you are, have you tried using the drone mode in MSFS instead (from the cockpit press the Insert key)? 

Once in drone mode:
w, a, s, d = move the view (drone's) forward, left, back, right)
r, f = up/backwards
Numlock 4 and 6 = yaw
c = toggle switch to control your plane (not the drone)

Nope, a super simple Spot Plane View like we've had literally since I started playing on FS5.1. I don't want to mess with toggling control, I don't want a completely different set of cameras, just let me move around with my hat switch with my plane CENTERED on the screen instead of hanging off the bottom. This isn't rocket science.

Their SDK documentation claims this is possible but the entry in cameras.cfg does not work. Others have confirmed this behavior as well. There was a period back in the alpha where I got it to work but they seem to have hardcoded it so I couldn't do that anymore.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Ability to use Radar Contact. I think I miss this more than anything else, as the current ATC is a complete disaster. GSX, AIG, NGX and T7. I can live without all the rest.

Pilot2ATC, check it out, I believe there is a free demo.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

I used Radar Contact, back in the day, years and years ago. Now after trying just about every ATC program, I have been using PF3 for about 6 years. Free Demo. I use it on every flight. Over 100 controller voices, and the ATC chatter is with the aircraft that are actually flying in the sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I used Radar Contact, back in the day, years and years ago. Now after trying just about every ATC program, I have been using PF3 for about 6 years. Free Demo. I use it on every flight. Over 100 controller voices, and the ATC chatter is with the aircraft that are actually flying in the sim. 

I did too, used RC.  I didn't care for the concatenated speech used.  I should look at PF3 and see how it works and feels.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Pilot2ATC, check it out, I believe there is a free demo.

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

I did too, used RC.  I didn't care for the concatenated speech used.  I should look at PF3 and see how it works and feels.

yep  i  tried all the  atc  addons  as well   found  that pilot2atc  to be  the  best of  them,  need  to have  a mic  though  to get  the best out of  it 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just good traffic that works and doesn't require tons of fiddling. That's really it.  Flying with mostly empty skies is boring.  Never realized how much it influenced my desire to play flightsims.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

but at least it was real human voice, our very own @Ray Proudfoot was one of them. never picked up on concatenation, as a matter of fact my wife is a speech therapist and said phonetically it was pretty spot on.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

22 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

but at least it was real human voice, our very own @Ray Proudfoot was one of them. never picked up on concatenation, as a matter of fact my wife is a speech therapist and said phonetically it was pretty spot on.  

I was voice set 56 I believe.  I met @Ray Proudfoot at the AVSIM conference out near KIAD.  Remember the fun debates over the proper pronunciation of some of the city names amongst the team. 😂

• Like 2

Definitively AI Traffic for me, as this is one of the empty promises by Asobo, it even hurts more that the engine is obviously not even in a state making 3rd party AI traffic possible currently... Second would be GSX...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

... the abilty to save the flight with all cockpit and weather settings at any stage of the flight so that I can continue or repeat my flights whenever I want. This was possible with FS9/FSX and P3D and I hope we will get it for MSFS too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

How about a simple keybinding that stops the current flight without sound and time marching on - you know, a pause key.  Wonder which sims the developers could have "robbed" that innovative idea from............

Regards, Kendall