Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The one thing I miss most in P3D/FSX that's not in MSFS

When I move to a new sim I do not regret anything as the fun to discover a new environment offsets the loss of what I liked in the old one. One sim only and enjoying it as is. 

I was an expat. You settle in a country for a few years then leave for elsewhere. Same.

Now if if longed for anything I had in MSFS predecessors it would be the replay function. 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Nope, a super simple Spot Plane View like we've had literally since I started playing on FS5.1. I don't want to mess with toggling control, I don't want a completely different set of cameras, just let me move around with my hat switch with my plane CENTERED on the screen instead of hanging off the bottom. This isn't rocket science.

Enable drone lock mode. It gives you exactly what you want.

1. ACTIVE SKY!!! Particularly for Vatsim use.

2. Flight/situation saving and loading so I can recover to a point in mid flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Chaseplane

AI Traffic (AIG)

GSX

Aircraft (many high fidelity ones I'm still waiting on)

AI Lights Reborn

Remote CDU / IPAD FMS etc

More reliable weather (for vatsim flying)

Water (a strange one.  But many of the non custom water mask areas in MSFS look terrible)

Lastly I miss runways that are not lit all day long like in MSFS.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Ultimate Traffic Live

Yes please

--------------

GSX

ProATC

Both of them are for airlines, that I will not fly till Fenix and PMDG NG. 

Even with the DC6 and CRJ I dont miss GSX and use a great pushback mod. But ProATC would be nice as I dont use the ATC within MSFS.  Reason being like P3D it waits till your 200ft of your given alt then with only 200ft to go, your cleared....yer ProATC please.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

GA AI Traffic (my kind of flying).

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

Active Sky, Chaseplane and PAVD for me........

...... not checked on PAVD for a while, but last time I looked in that area the scenery was dire as well as the airport missing.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

37 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Active Sky, Chaseplane and PAVD for me........

...... not checked on PAVD for a while, but last time I looked in that area the scenery was dire as well as the airport missing.

G

https://flightsim.to/file/17918/pavd-valdez-pioneer-field-beta-stol-competiton-set-up

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 hours ago, kiwikat said:

A camera system that worked for 25 years. It wasn't flashy or customizable but at least we didn't have to stare at the top of our planes every flight and barely see the ground due to the angle of the camera and the plane being in the way.

Out of all the things to break... good job Microsobo.

I've never seen this, you can easily move the camera around.  I must be misunderstanding.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I've never seen this, you can easily move the camera around.  I must be misunderstanding.

He must be using some other Sim????

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I miss how it used to be nice and easy to change aircraft and location without having to end the flight (or use dev mode.) I seldom used the replay, so to me that's not a big deal.  Oh, the ability to set failures mid-flight was nice, and especially the expanded failure options that came with P3D (yes, I know it wasn't a MS product so we can't really compare.  FSPax had even more options.)

There were so many quality pay and free aircraft.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

8 hours ago, Drumcode said:

but at least it was real human voice, our very own @Ray Proudfoot was one of them. never picked up on concatenation, as a matter of fact my wife is a speech therapist and said phonetically it was pretty spot on.  

Yeah phonetically it was, but the linking together of each segment wasn't natural sounding to me.  I'd be very stoked w/ the current ATC if it just worked better and offered a variety of voicings but I guess that may never happen, at least the variety of voicings.  I don't hear the concatenation in it nearly as much as I did in RC.  Actually, if i could plug in old FSX ATC that always sounded natural to me if limited.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Chaseplane

AI Traffic (AIG)

GSX

Aircraft (many high fidelity ones I'm still waiting on)

AI Lights Reborn

Remote CDU / IPAD FMS etc

More reliable weather (for vatsim flying)

Water (a strange one.  But many of the non custom water mask areas in MSFS look terrible)

Lastly I miss runways that are not lit all day long like in MSFS.  

@micstaticYou miss water in FSX and P3D??

Granted 'ship wakes' were so much nicer in previous versions. But I'm not understanding why you miss tsunamis and humongous waves in lakes and rivers in FSX and P3D...

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1