Hey Everyone! Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the LowRider plus bracket? https://www.allsportsystems.com/flight-simulator-under-desk-yoke-mount.php Especially with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo setup to it. Im looking in getting a new standing desk so that I can adjust the height and use this to easily switch into cockpit mode and there are few things that concern me and there isn't much in the ways of youtube reviews or even posts in this forum.

How does the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo handle being top mounted? My understanding is that top mounting area was more of an "accessory holder" and not really meant to mount the entire Yoke and Throttle. Since you are pushing, pulling, rolling, etc.. On it I want to make sure it will be good.

How sturdy it the mounting mechanism? Specifically the parts that get drilled into thew desk. So for this and a couple of other customizations I am getting a desktop made out of real wood (butcher block style) and not laminate/particle board/layered wood that you usually find in these kinds of desks. I figure that would be significantly better, but I am still worried about the pressures put on those from the pushing, pulling, rolling, etc...

And anything else to note?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

The LowRider was briefly discussed here and it was confirmed that the top mounting points were not designed to bear the units' own weight. Possibly best to ask Honeycomb themselves, though I imagine they'd probably append any statement with "Use at your own risk" or similar.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

30 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

The LowRider was briefly discussed here and it was confirmed that the top mounting points were not designed to bear the units' own weight. Possibly best to ask Honeycomb themselves, though I imagine they'd probably append any statement with "Use at your own risk" or similar.

Thanks for the heads up @109Sqn! I saw that when doing my forum searching, but as a DIYer I was looking to see if anyone has had any personal experience with this and any issues they've had. Im sure that it will void the warranty on the device (something I do with most of my devices) and completely agreed that Honeycomb would warn to use at your own risk and if they find evidence my warranty will be void (as a former warranty repair technician it should be as well haha), but I believe there is a big difference between what it was designed for and what it can be used for 🙂

Edited by wuwtk
  • Like 1

Looks like there isn't a whole lot of info on this or people who have this setup. I ordered my new desk and the LowRider Plus mount so I guess Ill be the guinea pig and post my findings and pics here for anyone one else that is curious 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have the Lowrider Plus mounted to my standing desk and have my Alpha and Bravo mounted to it. So far, I'm very happy with it. The installation seems solid to me and I don't notice any unexpected wiggling from the yoke, throttle, or mount as I fly.

I thought I had some pics to share but it would seem that I don't. I will try to grab some shots tonight to share.

Edited by Malaromane

On 10/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, Malaromane said:

I have the Lowrider Plus mounted to my standing desk and have my Alpha and Bravo mounted to it. So far, I'm very happy with it. The installation seems solid to me and I don't notice any unexpected wiggling from the yoke, throttle, or mount as I fly.

I thought I had some pics to share but it would seem that I don't. I will try to grab some shots tonight to share.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, wuwtk said:

Looks like there isn't a whole lot of info on this or people who have this setup. I ordered my new desk and the LowRider Plus mount so I guess Ill be the guinea pig and post my findings and pics here for anyone one else that is curious 🙂

How are things holding up so far? I have a non-standing desk and the HC TQ is too high for me. It would be nice if the yoke was a little lower as well, and the Lowrider looks like it would do the trick

Another option I came across were these table mounts from Monster Tech. The keyboard mount may not be deep enough for the HC using, but I really like that they are adjustable and expandable. Anyone have experience with their stuff?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:33 PM, duckbilled said:

Anyone have experience with their stuff?

Not personally but I know a lot of guys on DCS and IL-2 side that use them for various sticks and they get good reviews. They're not cheap but they're high quality stuff. Not sure if they have mounts for Honeycomb though. 

On 1/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, duckbilled said:

How are things holding up so far? I have a non-standing desk and the HC TQ is too high for me. It would be nice if the yoke was a little lower as well, and the Lowrider looks like it would do the trick

Another option I came across were these table mounts from Monster Tech. The keyboard mount may not be deep enough for the HC using, but I really like that they are adjustable and expandable. Anyone have experience with their stuff?

My Lowrider setup is holding up very nicely. Quite happy with it. I will say that without a height adjustable desk, you might find that if you mount the HC Yoke to the lowrider, it'll be too low; especially if you have rudder pedals. But the throttle quadrant should be fine since it's off to one side.

I also have some Monstertech mounts (the armrest mounts for my throttle and stick) and an impressed with the quality of those as well. Although, as @Tektolnes points out, they are quite expensive. I don't see any table mounts that the Honeycomb gear would fit on though.

22 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Not personally but I know a lot of guys on DCS and IL-2 side that use them for various sticks and they get good reviews. They're not cheap but they're high quality stuff. Not sure if they have mounts for Honeycomb though. 

1 hour ago, Malaromane said:

My Lowrider setup is holding up very nicely. Quite happy with it. I will say that without a height adjustable desk, you might find that if you mount the HC Yoke to the lowrider, it'll be too low; especially if you have rudder pedals. But the throttle quadrant should be fine since it's off to one side.

I also have some Monstertech mounts (the armrest mounts for my throttle and stick) and an impressed with the quality of those as well. Although, as @Tektolnes points out, they are quite expensive. I don't see any table mounts that the Honeycomb gear would fit on though.

Thank you for both of the responses. I ended up going with some knockoff MonsterTech stuff from Amazon. I would rather have purchased one of the above, but you can beat the ease of returns with Amazon - something that was important because I don't know if they will work.

The thing that moved me away from lowrider was the position of the yoke. I don't have an adjustable height desk.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hey Duckbill --  do you have a link to the stuff you bought on Amazon?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:39 PM, duckbilled said:

Thank you for both of the responses. I ended up going with some knockoff MonsterTech stuff from Amazon. I would rather have purchased one of the above, but you can beat the ease of returns with Amazon - something that was important because I don't know if they will work.

The thing that moved me away from lowrider was the position of the yoke. I don't have an adjustable height desk.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, pgde said:

Couple of months old, but I too am wondering if duckbilled can see this and maybe post link to purchased products?

6 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Couple of months old, but I too am wondering if duckbilled can see this and maybe post link to purchased products?

On 2/1/2022 at 9:22 AM, pgde said:

Sorry to leave everyone hanging

This is the store on Amazon where I bought my mounts. None of these fit perfectly but I was able to rig it. I'm still using them. The solution is workable, but not ideal.

Edit: And I just noticed they now have a mount for the Honeycomb products. 

Edited by duckbilled

On 10/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, duckbilled said:

Sorry to leave everyone hanging

This is the store on Amazon where I bought my mounts. None of these fit perfectly but I was able to rig it. I'm still using them. The solution is workable, but not ideal.

Edit: And I just noticed they now have a mount for the Honeycomb products. 

So had you purchased those "L" shaped ones? Would the one specifically for honeycomb be a good option in your opinion?

8 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

So had you purchased those "L" shaped ones? Would the one specifically for honeycomb be a good option in your opinion?

Didn't know that they had those now. Still, I think that only offers two options - under the desk or on the desk. Mine are in the middle with the TQ much lower. It is kind of a trash solution, but it works for me for the time being. Sorry for the dust. I'm stuck in a partially finished basement, I'm kind of a slob, and I'm going through a divorce.

20230404_063221.jpg