Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wuwtk

LowRider Mount Questions

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone! Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the LowRider plus bracket? https://www.allsportsystems.com/flight-simulator-under-desk-yoke-mount.php Especially with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo setup to it. Im looking in getting a new standing desk so that I can adjust the height and use this to easily switch into cockpit mode and there are few things that concern me and there isn't much in the ways of youtube reviews or even posts in this forum.

How does the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo handle being top mounted? My understanding is that top mounting area was more of an "accessory holder" and not really meant to mount the entire Yoke and Throttle. Since you are pushing, pulling, rolling, etc.. On it I want to make sure it will be good.

How sturdy it the mounting mechanism? Specifically the parts that get drilled into thew desk. So for this and a couple of other customizations I am getting a desktop made out of real wood (butcher block style) and not laminate/particle board/layered wood that you usually find in these kinds of desks. I figure that would be significantly better, but I am still worried about the pressures put on those from the pushing, pulling, rolling, etc...

And anything else to note?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LowRider was briefly discussed here and it was confirmed that the top mounting points were not designed to bear the units' own weight. Possibly best to ask Honeycomb themselves, though I imagine they'd probably append any statement with "Use at your own risk" or similar.

  • Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

The LowRider was briefly discussed here and it was confirmed that the top mounting points were not designed to bear the units' own weight. Possibly best to ask Honeycomb themselves, though I imagine they'd probably append any statement with "Use at your own risk" or similar.

Thanks for the heads up @109Sqn! I saw that when doing my forum searching, but as a DIYer I was looking to see if anyone has had any personal experience with this and any issues they've had. Im sure that it will void the warranty on the device (something I do with most of my devices) and completely agreed that Honeycomb would warn to use at your own risk and if they find evidence my warranty will be void (as a former warranty repair technician it should be as well haha), but I believe there is a big difference between what it was designed for and what it can be used for 🙂

Edited by wuwtk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there isn't a whole lot of info on this or people who have this setup. I ordered my new desk and the LowRider Plus mount so I guess Ill be the guinea pig and post my findings and pics here for anyone one else that is curious 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Lowrider Plus mounted to my standing desk and have my Alpha and Bravo mounted to it. So far, I'm very happy with it. The installation seems solid to me and I don't notice any unexpected wiggling from the yoke, throttle, or mount as I fly.

I thought I had some pics to share but it would seem that I don't. I will try to grab some shots tonight to share.

Edited by Malaromane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, Malaromane said:

I have the Lowrider Plus mounted to my standing desk and have my Alpha and Bravo mounted to it. So far, I'm very happy with it. The installation seems solid to me and I don't notice any unexpected wiggling from the yoke, throttle, or mount as I fly.

I thought I had some pics to share but it would seem that I don't. I will try to grab some shots tonight to share.

 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, wuwtk said:

Looks like there isn't a whole lot of info on this or people who have this setup. I ordered my new desk and the LowRider Plus mount so I guess Ill be the guinea pig and post my findings and pics here for anyone one else that is curious 🙂

How are things holding up so far? I have a non-standing desk and the HC TQ is too high for me. It would be nice if the yoke was a little lower as well, and the Lowrider looks like it would do the trick

Another option I came across were these table mounts from Monster Tech. The keyboard mount may not be deep enough for the HC using, but I really like that they are adjustable and expandable. Anyone have experience with their stuff?


MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2022 at 8:33 PM, duckbilled said:

Anyone have experience with their stuff?

Not personally but I know a lot of guys on DCS and IL-2 side that use them for various sticks and they get good reviews. They're not cheap but they're high quality stuff. Not sure if they have mounts for Honeycomb though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, duckbilled said:

How are things holding up so far? I have a non-standing desk and the HC TQ is too high for me. It would be nice if the yoke was a little lower as well, and the Lowrider looks like it would do the trick

Another option I came across were these table mounts from Monster Tech. The keyboard mount may not be deep enough for the HC using, but I really like that they are adjustable and expandable. Anyone have experience with their stuff?

My Lowrider setup is holding up very nicely. Quite happy with it. I will say that without a height adjustable desk, you might find that if you mount the HC Yoke to the lowrider, it'll be too low; especially if you have rudder pedals. But the throttle quadrant should be fine since it's off to one side.

I also have some Monstertech mounts (the armrest mounts for my throttle and stick) and an impressed with the quality of those as well. Although, as @Tektolnes points out, they are quite expensive. I don't see any table mounts that the Honeycomb gear would fit on though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Not personally but I know a lot of guys on DCS and IL-2 side that use them for various sticks and they get good reviews. They're not cheap but they're high quality stuff. Not sure if they have mounts for Honeycomb though. 

 

1 hour ago, Malaromane said:

My Lowrider setup is holding up very nicely. Quite happy with it. I will say that without a height adjustable desk, you might find that if you mount the HC Yoke to the lowrider, it'll be too low; especially if you have rudder pedals. But the throttle quadrant should be fine since it's off to one side.

I also have some Monstertech mounts (the armrest mounts for my throttle and stick) and an impressed with the quality of those as well. Although, as @Tektolnes points out, they are quite expensive. I don't see any table mounts that the Honeycomb gear would fit on though.

Thank you for both of the responses. I ended up going with some knockoff MonsterTech stuff from Amazon. I would rather have purchased one of the above, but you can beat the ease of returns with Amazon - something that was important because I don't know if they will work.

The thing that moved me away from lowrider was the position of the yoke. I don't have an adjustable height desk.


MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Duckbill --  do you have a link to the stuff you bought on Amazon?


Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3HF2); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...