Sign in to follow this  
Guest bustervk

Red transparent aircraft

Guest bustervk

Somebody any idea about the way this aircraft(CRJ_700)sometimes is showing up in FSX?Please see the attached screendump.Thanks in advance.RegardsBert

Hello Bert,Have you removed the specular maps from that texture folder, by any chance?Best regards.Luis

Guest bustervk

>Hello Bert,>>Have you removed the specular maps from that texture folder,>by any chance?>>Best regards.>>Luishi Luis,I have not removed anything!Please see the texturelist in the attachement.Kind regardsBert

Does it just flicker like this when you change views, and the textures eventually come on - or does it stay like this?If its only for a second or 3, I'd question the 128mb of vram - and bottlenecking. Although it looks like you've got the sliders well to the left already.Looking close, I think I can see the same on some of the buildings below you doing the same. (building off right wingtip)Regards'Garett

Guest bustervk

>Does it just flicker like this when you change views, and the>textures eventually come on - or does it stay like this?>>If its only for a second or 3, I'd question the 128mb of vram>- and bottlenecking. Although it looks like you've got the>sliders well to the left already.>>Looking close, I think I can see the same on some of the>buildings below you doing the same. (building off right>wingtip)>>Regards'>>Garetthi Garett,No it doen't flicker.After some flying with good textures (but some parts like the wings are transparent) it suddenly turns to this red.Futher more i don't see any problems.BTW this is the only plane that does it!RegardsBert

>Somebody any idea about the way this>aircraft(CRJ_700)sometimes is showing up in FSX?>Please see the attached screendump.>>Thanks in advance.>Regards>Bert>>Have you deleted or renamed the base texture folder for the CRJ-700? I found that unlike FS9 FSX default aircraft requires this folder and it's textures, in addition to the repaint texture folder (ie: texture.1). This is also what causes the problem when you select the base texture (White) variant for the aircraft, you can't select any other repaint of the same aircraft until FSX restart! My guess it's how they implemented bump mapping on the aircaft!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest bustervk

>Have you deleted or renamed the base texture folder for the>CRJ-700? I found that unlike FS9 FSX default aircraft requires>this folder and it's textures, in addition to the repaint>texture folder (ie: texture.1). This is also what causes the>problem when you select the base texture (White) variant for>the aircraft, you can't select any other repaint of the same>aircraft until FSX restart! My guess it's how they implemented>bump mapping on the aircaft!hi Tom,Thanks for your reply.You were right; i had deleted the base textures when i was saving diskspace.You can delete all the other re(paints) but NOT the base texture.In fact YOU CAN SAVE DISKSPACE by deleting these (*see attached list) files from all the other repaints and that saves about 9Mb per livery...I learn every day.Kind regards.Bert>