Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

Mobo CPU Power Connection

I am installing an I9-11900k in an ASUS TUF Gaming Z590 motherboard.  I have a Corsair RMX850 power supply, ATX 2021 version.  I built my last PC about 2 years ago with an I9-9900 and on that TUF biard, there was a single 8-pin CPU power block.  That was a Z490 board, I think.

This Z590 mobo has CPU power connector blocks with an 8-pin block and a separate 4-pin block.  The power supply has 8 pin cables, but no 4-pin cable.  My question - is the four pin block optional?  Do you plug four pins of an eight pin block in it?  Haveany of you used this same mobo/cpu combination?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

The four pin is optional yes, and dare I say never used in any case.

You are fine with your connections.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jbcallender said:

Thank you Martin-W and VIooi for your help!

Jeff Callender

An honour and a pleasure Mr Jeff. 👍

Edited by martin-w

Which card?

I was lucky, kept checking every day and an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Gaming appeared. (Stupid names aren't they?)

Although some of them go pop aparently due to a dodgy bit of soldering. Then there's the "red LED of death" issue.

So hoping for the best when I build. Need to decide on case and monitor. Not sure if I should go for 1440p or 4K.

An ASUS 3080ti for the vid.  Has not arrived yet, shoould be this week.  I use mainly P3Dv5 and I don't have extreme expectation of a huge FPS increase, but I figured if I am building, I might as well go for it. I have a 32" samsung curved monitor.  WIth this card,I may try hooking it up to the 55" TV and see what happens. For a case, I am using Anidees Crystal Cube V3 Mesh.  I like it so far and it fits well in my built-in desk.  I am going to finish and install the rest of the drives and Flightsim software this weekend.  

Jeff Callender