Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Does Iris Simulations ever provide Support? been 6 days

Hi,

I am wondering does this company even provide support.  I did buy J160/J170 around release time, and now that product isn't even listed on Iris Simulation's store front but the product is on Orbx Central.  But why did it get removed their own page.  I have to go to my account and I can't even figure out on what release is my download.  Finding changelogs isn't easy.

I have a very general question request which I politely emailed them 6 days ago (I heard nothing since then).

Their support dropped few years ago but they came back for MSFS but I guess I have to drop this developer from my list to buy their products.

Sigh  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Iris seems to be a one man operation and I believe they just had a new baby so support may well be patchy at present.

This is the Changelog for it:

https://store.irissimulations.com.au/jabiru-j160-j170-changelog/

The download on your account will be the latest release.  If you are unsure if you have it, just download it anyway and see if the version you downloaded is newer than the one in your community folder.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Hate to prejudge but Iris had a pretty poor reputation for response and fixes back in the FSX/P3D only days.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Pretty strange considering the guy is actually really really nice. But yea, maybe support isnt his favorite thing to do 😄 understandably, but i agree, there should be a system put in place.

Business is business.  I run a business myself.....it has been 2 weeks and nothing  Nothing is happening to my support query.  Oh well, another company blacklisted in Skywolf's Checklist of flightsim companies to avoid.

Why even do a business hoping to make some $$$ but what is the point of headaches and users posting posts like these when owners are not stepping up to the plate.

Total poop show for me

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)